Martin Currie are delighted to offer a 12 month contract for a Personal Assistant to support the team in Edinburgh.
Martin Currie operates independently as a Specialist Investment Manager (SIM) within the Franklin Templeton group, they are a leading global investor specialising in global equities, founded in 1881 and headquartered in the UK. The firm is a leading pioneer in emerging and international markets covering various growth and income strategies. For more information about Martin Currie, please visit www.martincurrie.com.
At Franklin Templeton and across it’s SIMs, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Franklin Templeton acquired Legg Mason and its Specialist Investment Manager’s (SIM) in 2020 creating a firm of over 12,000 employees working in 34 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 160 countries.
What is the Business Support team responsible for?
The team provide professional and comprehensive administrative support to leaders across the business. This involves managing diaries, keeping an eye on the central mailbox, fielding internal and external telephone calls, printing and lots more! As part of this experienced team of 5 you’ll be working closely with them on any of these tasks and as you get more confident taking on your own tasks and workload.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Personal Assistant?
- Effective diary management for the Investment Floor and wider Business Support ensuring optimum use of available time; co-ordinating work schedules to accommodate business requirements; meetings preparation, managing agendas, compiling reports, issuing papers within agreed timescales, managing venue and catering requirements, associated costs, etc
- Arrange company and analyst meetings
- Prepare and send weekly company and analyst meeting sheet and notification of conferences and seminars for distribution to investment floor
- Send Weekly Monday Morning Activity Email to Investment Floor including MCA
- Effective email system management, ensuring emails are responded to appropriately and in a timely manner
- Provide diary management support to other Business Support staff to support busier periods or holiday cover for other members of the Business Support team
- Management of all aspects of travel e.g. completion of travel expense claims, visa statements, update travel spreadsheet, visa applications and other ad-hoc tasks as required, whilst trying to keep costs to a minimum
- Answer and transfer internal and external telephone calls
- Manage approval of expenses for Senior Investment team heads
- Create and prepare PowerPoint presentations and excel spreadsheets as required
- Maintaining an efficient and user-friendly filing system, both paper and electronic
- Meet with Investment heads on a regular basis to provide work plans and diary preparation, review progress of actions to date, etc.
- Meet with the Executive Assistant to CEO on a regular basis to provide updates of work plans and review progress of actions to date, discuss issues etc.
- Carry out any other ad-hoc tasks special projects / assignments as required
- Keep written procedures for all tasks performed up to date and coherent
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Experience in a PA or Administrative role in a busy office environment
- Experience within Financial Services is needed, ideally within Investments
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite is essential including Powerpoint and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – assertive, efficient, positive and approachable
- Thorough and diligent – good attention to detail
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic about providing an excellent service to customers
- A ‘people person’ with a strong work ethic, keen to learn and to develop an understanding of the investment business
- A willingness to change and adapt in an evolving environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small team
What makes Martin Currie unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Martin Currie, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Reward—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance and many others.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities.
Martin Currie values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
Our Values (Learning, Ambition, Responsibility and Partnership) are integral to how we do things in Martin Currie and key to our purpose of Investing to Improve Lives.
Ambition - We have a desire and determination to achieve. Our ambition is shown by our appetite to take on new challenges, achieve the best outcomes for clients and grow our business. We are always looking to raise the bar.
Responsibility - We take control and see it as our duty to embrace tasks and challenges. Our responsibility is demonstrated by us taking ownership and control of tasks, challenges, and being accountable for the outcome.
Partnership - We work together and avoid silos. Our partnership is shown by each of us bringing our individual expertise and diversity of thought in a way that enables us to deliver our best work together.
Learning - We strive to continually improve. Our learning comes from not only mistakes but our successes too. We challenge ourselves to regularly build our collective and individual knowledge, skills and expertise.