Area Manager - Amazon Logistics
As an Area Manager, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance.
This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in unchartered territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment.
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we'd love to hear from you.
Area Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the operation that focuses on the delivery of Amazon orders direct to customers.
- Support your team of Shift Managers and the operations leadership team in daily management of the delivery station, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
- Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service.
- Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements.
- Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences.
- Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback.
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyze workflows, design solutions.
- Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations. Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
- Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions.
Area Manager basic Qualifications:
- Degree qualification or equivalent.
- Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfilment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions.
- A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
- Qualifications in Engineering, Operations, or related fields is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas.
Operations make sure we live up to our promise: to deliver Earth’s biggest selection of products around the world come rain, hail or snow. We want to be a company where customers from every country will recognise, value and trust our products and our services. But getting the right product to the right place at the right time – every time – is no easy task. Explore our website – check out the stores, read some customer reviews and learn about our programmes. You can also visit our investor relations and PR sites to have a look at our last annual report and read recent announcements about partnerships and product launches.
Yes, we’ll expect a lot of you and we’ll stretch you constantly with all sorts of challenges. But you’ll never feel like you’re doing it alone. We’ll give you all the help you need to do the best job possible and encourage you to develop every day. Plus you’ll be part of a supportive team, working with colleagues, learning from them and collaborating to get the job not just done, but done brilliantly. And with all of us behind you, you’ll achieve more than you ever thought you could.
About our Rewards:
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount. Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation also offers many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
To apply for this Area Manager position, please click on the apply button!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal information with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.