InspectRealEstate (IRE) is a global tech company that develops innovative software solutions, primarily for the property industry. We’re a solutions-focused organisation and our team members are obsessed about creating quality, customised solutions for our clients and consumers.
After a decade of rapid growth across Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, IRE are looking for a Portfolio Consultant to join our busy UK team team to build strong relationships, onboard, train and support our portfolio of clients. We are passionate about what we do and committed to providing the best solutions to our industry.
The Portfolio Consultant role is to, create, set up and execute implementation of all IRE products along with maintaining a portfolio of clients currently using IRE suite of products. This position will not only support our UK based clients but be an afterhours support to our clients based in Australia and NZ.
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial
and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through
a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
The role involves supporting key Solvency II regulatory reporting activities and assists in capital modelling projects for AIG UK and AIG Europe. More specifically, this involves:
Assist in the quarterly production of Solvency II reserves and help in producing relevant results packs and management information for key stakeholders
Work closely with Finance to ensure Solvency II data standards are met and continue to help improve the quality of the data feeding into the technical provision process
Assist in production of Quarterly Regulatory Templates Actuarial need to populate on a Quarterly basis
Capital Model Calibration
Assist in maintaining and developing a key set of templates which will be used as part of the calibration process
Assist in driving consistency in the budget loss ratio process across AIG UK & AIG Europe’s businesses and support the team with any ad hoc analyses
Assist in driving consistency in calibration assumptions and support the team with any ad hoc analyses
Assist in the review process for calibration results including production of results packs and communications to relevant stakeholders
Ensure that the AIG UK and AIG Europe calibration process meets Solvency II requirements for an Internal Model firm
Actuarial Function Reporting
Assist in the underwriting opinion and reinsurance opinion as part of the Actuarial Function reporting requirements to the AIG UK and AIG Europe Board
Ensure that the appropriate information is sent and queries answered for the Technical Provisions Opinion
Assist in preparing response to ad-hoc queries/requests from the regulators and rating agencies
Technical Skills and Expertise
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Student member of an Actuarial Institute well progressed through exams
Proven proficiency in actuarial concepts/methodologies
Advanced knowledge in Excel and VBA, knowledge of SQL, ResQ and Igloo would be advantageous
Ability to forge relationships with other areas of the business
Ability to work under own initiative, be proactive and show flexibility to meet business needs
Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise own work
Professional behaviour with high level of integrity and honesty
A look at our benefits
At AIG, we have a 100-year legacy of working to make the world a better place. And that begins with our employees. We’re proud to offer a range of employee benefits and resources that help you protect what matters most – your health care, savings, financial protection, and wellbeing. We provide a variety of leaves for personal, health, family, and military needs. For example, the “Giving Back” program allows you to take up to 16 hours a year to volunteer in your community.
We also believe in fostering our employees’ development and offer a range of learning opportunities for employees to hone their professional skills to position themselves for the next steps of their careers. AIG also has a tuition reimbursement program for eligible employees to enhance their education, skills, and knowledge in areas that relate to their current position or future positions to which they may transfer or progress.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: https://www.aig.com/about-us/diversity-equity-and-inclusion
Functional Area:AC - Actuarial
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Europe S.A. (U.K. Service Branch) & American International Group UK Ltd
The GP Confederation is aiming to recruit a Finance Officer who will play a key role in the day-to-day financial work of the GP Confederation and in supporting member GP practices to deliver and develop high quality services and to be financially stable.
City and Hackney GP Confederation was established in September 2014 as a Community Interest Company with a membership of 40 GP practices in City and Hackney. The purpose of the GP Confederation is to support member GP practices to improve quality, resilience and stability in primary care, and to develop innovative, cost-effective services that respond to the needs of local people.
The post holder will work as part of the Finance Team, and their key responsibilities will be to manage the day-to-day operations of the Confederations financial accounting system, including managing the purchase and sales ledgers, raising and paying invoices, and managing journal entries and reconciliations. The Finance Officer will support the Director and Deputy Director of Finance to provide robust financial management information, analysis, advice and support to GP Confederation staff and local GP practices.
The Finance Officer will have financial management and accounting experience, preferably within the NHS, and will be skilled in managing financial transactions and the use of spreadsheet analysis. The ability to engage effectively with others is also key.
This is an exciting hands-on role within an established GP Confederation and an expanding finance team, and provides a motivated finance professional with an opportunity to grow and develop their skills in a busy, dynamic organisation.
Benefits include access to the NHS Pension Scheme.
1. To support the Deputy Director of Finance in the day-to-day operation, accuracy and integrity of the GP Confederations financial accounting system, Aqilla.
2. To be responsible for the Purchase Ledger including invoice entry, authorisation and weekly payment runs.
3. To be responsible for the Sales Ledger including invoice raising and credit control function. This will include raising monthly invoices to GP practices in relation to recharges for salaried GP sessions and quarterly invoices for practice membership fees.
4. To be responsible for the weekly bank reconciliation.
5. To be responsible for updating payroll and pension schedules.
6. To be responsible for the management and reconciliation of petty cash.
7. To be responsible for the provision of monthly remittances advice to GP practices.
8. To be responsible for chasing debtors and providing regular reports to the Director of Finance.
9. To support the Director of Finance and Deputy Director of Finance to provide and present robust financial management information, analysis and advice to the GP Confederation Board, senior management team and Confederation staff.
10. To support the Deputy Director of Finance to produce monthly accounts for the GP Confederation.
11. To support GP practices to be financially and organisationally strong, and to support the Finance Team to ensure that efficient and effective financial systems are in place to make contract payments to practices in a timely way.
12. To contribute to the annual budget setting/financial planning process.
13. To support the Director of Finance and Information and the Deputy Director Finance in the production of financial plans for the GP Confederation.
Financial Governance and Audit
14. To support the Director of Finance and Information and the Deputy Director of Finance to ensure that the GP Confederation has systems and processes in place to ensure sound financial controls and governance.
15. To support the Director of Finance and Information in maintaining and monitoring a Scheme of Delegation and Reservation of Powers, a Conflicts of Interest Policy and process, and an Anti-Corruption and Counter Fraud Policy and procedures.
16. To support the Director of Finance and Information in producing annual accounts and in providing the auditors with timely and detailed working papers and to help respond to audit queries as necessary.
17. To deliver training to GP Confederation staff on financial matters when required.
18. To recommend any improvements and changes to local working practices when required.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
City and Hackney GP Confederation
|Reports to:||Finance Systems Manager|
Lewis Silkin works with leading businesses to protect and enhance their most important assets — their ideas, their people, their brand and their future. We call it: Ideas. People. Possibilities.
A UK top 75 law firm with offices in London, Oxford, Cardiff, Dublin and Hong Kong, we are recognised by clients and industry alike as being distinct for our unique culture, market-leading practice areas, sector focused approach and for providing solutions to complex, multijurisdictional business challenges, with a pragmatic and human touch. We have two things at our core: people — both ours and our clients’— and a focus on creative, tech and innovative businesses.
Our culture is encapsulated by an ethos of bravery and kindness, guided by our values of Integrity, Clarity, Unity and Excellence (our ‘I-CUE’). We aim to provide a supportive environment for our people, clients and wider community and embrace diversity, ensuring people are able to bring their full selves to work.
The Finance Department has a relaxed, sociable, working atmosphere whilst providing a high level of support to its users.
On a day to day basis the Finance Systems Analyst will report directly to the Finance Systems Manager. The Finance Systems Analyst will assist in the day-to-day support of the firm’s Finance Systems. The position is within Finance and will encompass user support, finance systems operational support, application support, project work, development and testing, change control and documentation.
Impact and Influence
We are looking for an Agency and Financial Planning manager to assist in developing and implementation of strategy for the newly formed Arch Managing Agency ltd.
The position will manage the Arch Insurance Group planning process and assist with the ongoing improvement of this process.
The role reports to the Managing Director of the Managing Agency however the individual will work closely with the CFO and Chief Actuary of Arch Insurance. It provides an opportunity for the individual to grow their business knowledge within the Lloyd’s and the insurance sector.
The individual will work with the Arch Executive Management team on a regular basis and should be confident in communication at this level.
• Help to define and implement the Agency 3-5 year strategy
• Owning and managing agency projects stemming from the strategy
• Owning and managing the Syndicate Business Forecast planning process coordinating with Finance, Actuarial, Reinsurance and Underwriting to ensure that submission is accurate, logical and realistic
• Attendance of monthly Syndicate Monitoring Committee meetings and preparation of meeting packs, including collating information from various stakeholders and presentation of that information on occasion
• Preparation of the performance management framework presented at the SMC for Syndicates under management
• Attendance of meetings with Lloyd’s and preparation in any communications with Lloyd’s where appropriate
• Review and challenge of all submissions to Lloyd’s
• Managing the group-wide planning process
• Assist with group wide planning model and process development
Excellent Excel skills
Experience of Anaplan or other products that involve coding preferred or an ability to learn these.
Power BI experience would be useful but not required
Understanding of all aspects of insurance data including pricing, rate monitoring, policy and claims
Good understanding of accounting, profit and loss, balance sheet, reserving and capital concepts so as to review Lloyd’s submissions such as the QMA (balances sheet), QMB (quarterly profit & Loss), Syndicate Business Forecast and other Lloyd’s submissions.
Confident communicator for presentation of information at meetings with wide audiences
Self-motivated, Proactive, organised, methodical.
Good at liaising and forming relationships across the business including underwriters, actuaries and finance professionals.
• Qualified Actuary or Accountant desirable
• Degree qualification
Arch Insurance is a global insurer offering our clients superior coverage and service. We embody the Arch guiding principle of focusing on retaining experienced and talented employees to differentiate us from the rest of the pack. Our group operates from offices in the US, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia and South Africa, providing specialty risk solutions to clients worldwide across a wide range of industries. With over ten years of operating history and strong financial ratings, our track record remains solid.
Arch Insurance employs a disciplined underwriting approach and prudent risk selection across all types of business. Our mission is to provide our insureds with superb coverage and claims handling through careful and diligent underwriting of risks and business-friendly solutions. Across our global operations, Arch Insurance employees are ready to meet your needs with professionalism and excellence.
£250 - £400 Per Day
Contractor, Full Time
1 day ago