We are currently seeking an experienced HR Coordinator to join an established manufacturing company based outskirts of Scarborough.
The HR Coordinator will support the HR Manager in delivering an effective and proactive HR function across the company.
They will provide a responsive and customer focused HR service to the business by ensuring timely,
efficient and effective HR support and administration is maintained.
They will assist with recruitment, employee onboarding, informal employee relation meetings, note
taking at formal hearings, maintaining and updating the HR system, payroll administration,
coordinating staff training, and provide first level HR support to all employees, referring matters to
the HR Manager as needed.
The suitable candidate will have experience of working within a HR function with a good
understanding of generalist HR duties & best practice. They will be a hardworking and resilient
individual who is a strong team player with the ambition to progress within their HR career, and ideally CIPD qualified.
The HR Coordinator will report directly to the HR Manager within the CFO Department.Key Responsibilities & Main Duties
* Responsible for the upkeep and management of personnel records and the HR System, ensuring compliance with GDPR.
* Responsible for administering new starter documents, ensuring right to work checks and employment referencing are satisfactory, and all relevant documents are obtained.
* Coordinating the new starter on boarding & inductions process
* Coordinating probation reviews, ensuring relevant review meetings and documents are completed by management in a timely manner.
* Coordinate the recruitment process, managing vacancies, interacting with recruitment agencies, arranging interviews and ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed and filed accordingly, ensuring compliance with GDPR.
* Administering the leaver process ensuring exit interviews are conducted and data is collated and discussed with the HR Manager
* Coordinate the employee sickness absence process by ensuring managers conduct a return to work interview with their employees, and the correct documents are obtained and completed within the HR system
* Supporting managers with informal sickness/performance/misconduct matters ensuring they are dealt in line with company policy and legislation, with guidance and support from the HR manager
* Note taking at formal hearings and compilation of hearing packs
* Administering correspondence in relation to maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
* Supporting the HR Manager in meeting key performance indicators
* Coordinating, recording and monitoring staff training
* Support payroll administration
* Responsible for all HR administration Internal & External RelationshipsKey Performance Indicators
* Positive relationships developed and maintained with managers and employees
* HR tasks and projects delivered within a timely manner
* New starters successfully embedded into the company
* Continued application of Company Policy and HR processes when supporting employee
* Demonstrate ownership for workload and responsibilities
* Apply a proactive approach to HR mattersEssential/Desirable FactorsEssential:
* Generalist HR knowledge & best practice
* HR Policy & Procedure
* Equality & Diversity legislation & how this in embedded within HR servicesDesirable:
* Employment LawSkills & Attributes
* Confident with computers, Microsoft Office, Excel, IT Systems
* Confident with HR Systems
* Excellent administration and organisation skills
* Effectively manage own workload working to deadlines and using own initiative when required
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
* A proactive approach to work and professional work ethic
* A positive attitude to change and need to work flexibly
* Highly discreet with confidential information
* Attention to detail and accurate presentation of information
* Able to prioritise work effectively and work under pressure
* Ability to apply company policy and procedure and explain these to othersExperience
* Working with HR recruitment and administration
* Attending formal hearings for note taking and compiling hearing packs
* Supporting managers with informal first stage employee relation matters
* Liaising with external recruitment agencies
* Maintaining HR systems and records inline with GDPR
* Experience of supporting first stage
* employee relation investigations
* Advising managers on HR policy and LawQualifications
* CIPD qualified, or relevant equivalent experience
* GCSE in Maths and English of C and above, or equivalent
It is crucial that you have previously worked in a busy office environment and have prior experience working within Human Resources sectors then we really want to hear from you!