Skip to main content
Switch to search results

Florist Overview Florist jobs are wonderfully diverse. One day you may find yourself creating floral arrangements for ...

Florist

labour solutions
Unknown
Applied Saved

Events & Weddings Co-ordinator

Manor Collection
Redhill, South East/Southern, RH11
Applied Saved
Applied Saved
Applied Saved
Applied Saved
Applied Saved

Attendant

homewood suites by hilton
Applied Saved
Applied Saved

Concierge

homewood suites by hilton
Park
Applied Saved
Load more jobs

Florist Overview

Florist jobs are wonderfully diverse. One day you may find yourself creating floral arrangements for a wedding, and the next it may be a christening. Every florist job comes with a few very busy times of the year, not least of which is Mother's Day. As a florist, your schedule may include a wide range of daily tasks, such as:

  • Helping clients with their choice of flowers;
  • Designing arrangements;
  • Accepting deliveries;
  • Arranging flowers into a display;
  • Caring for your flower stock.

While florists can operate in very different environments, and there's no clear-cut standard when it comes to personal skills and abilities, you may find that becoming a successful florist requires a few personal attributes that will stand you in good stead, and these include:

  • Good listening and communication skills, to ensure that you get orders right;
  • A great knowledge of flowers and plants, so that you can advise upon the best ones for any occasion;
  • Creativity, to stand out from the crowd;
  • The ability to work under pressure and to manage money;
  • A positive and welcoming attitude.

Florist Jobs Educational Requirements

In order to become eligible for most florist jobs, you must first become a volunteer or apprentice, or you can go to a college near you to discuss the floristry courses that they have available. You can visit the British Floristry Association website to find out more about the courses near you.

Florist Jobs Market

The florist job market is made up mostly of men, with 67 percent of its participants male, which leaves just 33 percent female. According to the National Careers Service website there is a 37% shortage in this market due to a lack of people possessing the necessary skills for the job.

Florist Jobs Salary Information

As a fully qualified florist, you earn earn a minimum of £16,000 per year for 30 to 40 hours per week. As you gain more experience of qualifications, you can see that figure rise. Becoming self-employed is another way to boost your income as a florist. Another sector you might be interested in is the environmental field which is extremely diverse. Have a look at the current available environmental jobs.

  1. Florist