“Could you be a Digital Champion for the Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT)?”
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust in Portsmouth are looking for two confident and talented individuals who want to be a part of a digital transformation in a school environment by supporting the training of teachers and evangelising the use of educational technology for the betterment of teaching and learning. The successful candidates will be embarking on a Level 3 Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship programme with Primary Goal as the training provider. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Multi-Academy Trust's transformational IT journey.
You will need to be:
- A friendly, motivated and organised person with excellent interpersonal skills who will fit well within a group of highly skilled teaching professionals
- Willing to engage with the team and assist in the preparation and support of technology across the school
- Willing to support with immediate IT challenges whilst juggling other priorities in the role
- Passionate for supporting children on their journey towards developing their digital skills of the future
- Committed towards coaching less experienced colleagues to develop their confidence when using technology in the classroom
- Creative with digital skills to develop and maintain the internal digital signage, school website and social media presence to reach a wider audience and provide engaging content
The successful candidates will become members of a highly motivated team and will share their knowledge and passion for technology to teachers, learners and parents through the development and delivery of the computing curriculum and enrichment activities.
Your training will be provided by education consultants, trainers, subject experts, and administrative staff dedicated to transforming teaching and learning inside and outside the classroom using educational technology.
About The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust, ranked the best multi-academy trust (MAT) in the country for the performance of its secondary schools by the DfE, is made up of a family of schools that work together to “improve the life chances” of all their children and young people.
At the heart of their Trust is the belief that the work that they do must transform the life chances of students.
They believe that the best way to transform life chances is to actively shape the minds, attitudes and habits of young people through a framework of cognitive education that enables them to become the master of their own destiny.
Their Trust is currently working to implement a “Digital Transformation” to provide flexible access to learning for Students on the basis of anytime and anywhere, utilising digital classrooms, online learning and a 1:1 device provision.
Your training will be provided by Primary Goal, an award-winning training provider specialising in the digital industries.
As part of this opportunity, you will:
- Audit the school's current use of education technology
- Promote the use of new and existing technologies and supporting staff
- Act as a conduit between technical support services and the wider staff team
- Identify anaction plan for wider staff and pupil digital skills development
- Identify and support the development of a tech-related lunchtime or after school club with a group of children
- Develop the school’s use of technology to facilitate teaching and learning across the curriculum and / or within computing as a subject
- Establish and implement the use of online collaborative tools for organisational and curriculum delivery
- Investigate the use of data in an education context
- Support the school to maintain a positive and professional online reputation
- Plan, implement and maintain an element of the school’s organisational digital presence
As a Primary Goal apprentice, you will have access to:
- Comprehensive pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety and technical specifics)
- Level 3 Digital Application Technician apprenticeship standard with 15 half-day training sessions
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- Knowledge Base
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
Being part of the Primary Goal community will give apprentices access to a range of other apprentices (with varying levels of experience) who can share good practice and offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
Apprentices will have access to specialist industry partners for technology on hand to provide advice and support, access to resources and themed training days.
The Primary Goal portal is an online dashboard that will provide apprentices with a knowledge base to access information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.
We are looking for someone who:
- Works independently and takes responsibility maintains productive and professional working environment with secure working practices
- Has a passion for new and emerging technologies to improve learning
- Uses their own initiative when implementing digital technologies and when finding solutions
- Is resilient and positive mental attitude when dealing with difficult situations
- Maintains thorough and organised approach to work when working with digital technologies and prioritising as appropriate
The role will mostly be based at Newbridge Junior School and The Portsmouth Academy however, there may be instances where the apprentice will be required to work across other schools within the trust across Portsmouth.
In addition, there will be opportunities to work with schools outside of TSAT via a partnership between Portsmouth City Council and Thinking Schools for Education to improve access to, and the quality of, digital learning throughout the city.
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed. 37 hours per week
£6.00 - £6.50p/h for the first 12 months. The remaining 12 months of the apprenticeship will be subject to change in accordance with the National Minimum Wage for your age.
2-year apprenticeship course with potential for full-time position on completion
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will be perfect for a career in technology.
Disability Confident: Primary Goal is committed to being a Disability Confident Training Provider, and as such will make reasonable adjustments required for interview. Please discuss any requirements which you may have with the Recruitment Team.
We will require a copy of your CV. When completing your CV, please consider the job description and the role you are applying for.