Harris Clapham Sixth Form is looking to appoint an experienced, innovative qualified Teacher to join us as Curriculum Leader of Science.
This is a unique opportunity to help establish a brand new sixth form academy in Lambeth. You will need to be highly talented and knowledgeable about sixth form teaching. Using your talents and knowledge, the main aspects of this role are to:
- To establish world-class provision within the sciences. This particularly has a focus on the curriculum: its planning, sequencing, implementation and impact. The subject must have a clear progression model in place
- To be accountable for student progress, their high-quality work and a depth of knowledge and skills across the range of subjects. This includes meeting targets for subject areas which are agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the subject area through a relentless focus on subject pedagogy, relevant research and keeping teachers up to date with the latest developments in the subject
- To ensure that all academy policies and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all colleagues in the subject
- To effectively and efficiently manage and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the subject area, with the support and working alongside senior leaders
- To assist in the pastoral leadership of tutor groups where the teachers are scientists
- To be a role model for everyone in your team and the students in our academy.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
What we are looking for:
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. You will need to have:
- A minimum of three years teaching experience, including significant sixth form teaching
- Experience of securing excellent outcomes in A level and/or vocational Level 3 courses
- Proven success in raising achievement as a subject leader or classroom practitioner
- Successful experience of processes of monitoring, evaluation and review that provide performance data that can be used to improve the quality of teaching and learning
For a full job description and person specification, please download the job pack.
Please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your online application.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn without notice. Applications will only be considered if submitted online and before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Our Benefits Package
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package.
Being a part of the Harris Federation
We are recognised as the top performing large multi-academy trust in England for primary and secondary education. Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of Harris. Holding a reputation for bringing transformative approaches to education, we hold a unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Our people are at the heart of this success. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of training programmes available at every stage of your career.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
Diversity and Equality
We are committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education.