What Is Front Of The Pack ?
We’re a team of experienced entrepreneurs, nutritional research scientists and medical professionals who believe that science-led products can play a role in the story of a healthier future for our furry pals.
Our pet wellness brand Front Of The Pack sets an exceptionally high bar for clinical evidence, proof, efficacy and quality.
What we are for is clinically backed pet health products, submitted to academic study and scrutiny and telling unique stories to educate and enchant highly informed and health conscious customers.
We arealso for turning complex science into clear English, and making a wide range of highly innovative and proprietary products that elevate the health of both humans and companion animals.
What we are against is stolen science, shady ‘wellness’ trends and the overwhelming amount of misinformation online.
Our Chief Science & Innovation Officer is one of the most respected and pioneering forces in the dietary supplement industry, having created whole, billion dollar, evidence-based categories, leading over 50 university-based studies across a wide range of applications, and introduced ingredients that are nothing less than global blockbuster.
We are looking to make our first key hire in our growth marketing team - might you be the person we are looking for?
What is the Vision, Mission and Purpose of Front Of The Pack?
Our long term vision is to reinvent the health and wellness category by building a global brand in pet wellness, with sustainable, eco-conscious products that are as good for the pet as they are for the planet.
Our mission to achieve our vision over the next 12 months is to launch more great products that customers love. Simple! We're already looking beyond our initial products to new ones in different functional health areas and highly innovative. Exciting!
Our purpose keeps us focussed on why we exist and this is to lead an evolution in the role, and prominence of evidence in the supplement space so that customers are genuinely informed, educated and empowered to improve the their companion animals for the better. Here's to raising the bar
Our first products are:
The One, a revolutionary blend of the most clinically-proven (in dogs!) ingredients to be used in a dog supplement, ever. With its 8 benefits in one, it offers an unparalleled way to provide your bestie with top-to-tail preventative support in one simple daily dose.
Move, a pure powder supplement that restores cartilage, soothes muscles and promotes healthy joint function throughout all stages of their life.
Harmony, an innovative, category-creating, non-drowsy calming supplement for your dog that helps promote a sense of calm and stress-free, relaxing mindset in under 90 minutes.
These products launched summer 2020, and have grown a highly dedicated early user base (we immediately went back into production due to pre-order demand).
We spent 9 months in development creating highly innovative products that deliver powerful, pure and proven with real scientific efficacy.
We do all of our design in-house and we manage each and every part of the development of our products - whether thats sourcing sustainable materials for packaging, procuring hard-to-find and innovative ingredients, developing specific and detailed blending and production processes to ensure quality and longevity of our product or innovating with genuinely new processes.
Founded by experienced Co-Founders Neil Hutchinson (Forward Internet Group (Forward3D (>$50m exit), uSwitch (>$100m exit), Forward Partners and Kindness.org) and Chris Wilkinson (The Up Group (Acq: Alexander Mann Solutions), Forward Partners, Paws.com )
Who we are looking for:
Joining the Front Of The Pack team at this exciting, early and pivotal stage of our journey will require you to be someone who thrives on getting stuck into challenges by being curious, a fast learner who quickly adapts, a natural team player who is outcome focussed. Driven by being given the freedom to execute on delivering the business objectives.
The type of person you are and your values is just as important to us as your skills and experience as we are passionate about building an exceptional team of people who work well together.
What do those values look like?
- Bounce Back Ability = Nassim Nicholas Taleb (Author of Anti Fragile & The Black Swan) talks of "Things That Gain From Disorder". As a group of people that have all come from very fast moving and ambitious startups we have found that the key indicator for success, and crucially enjoyment, is folks that benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. They easily bounce back from inevitable setbacks and thrive on challenge. Is this you?
- Ship, Shipmate, Self = First comes the company, then your team, finally yourself. In that order. Is that how you think about things?
- 11x = Strive for the best, expect the same from your team mates and always go for gold. Is this how you think about things?
- Be Kind = Before you roll your eyes and think here is another 'motherhood and apple pie' value, one of our founders (our CEO!) founded Kindness.org to spread more kindness around the world. It really is a value for us. We are human, we have challenges, we are vulnerable and make mistakes. Be kind.
We have a lot of experience in turning values into real living actions within companies. If they resonate with you then join us at the foundational stage and help us turn these aspirational set of values into long lasting, recognisable attributes of Front Of The Pack.
What you will be doing…
As one of the 1st full-time hires in the newly formed Growth team you will be immediately responsible for:
- Strategy, execution and optimisation of the company’s performance based, direct-response advertising across Facebook, Native, Search & Display
- Creating ad copy, headlines, imagery and videos for advertisements
- Writing copy for, and collaborating with teams of coders, video editors, and graphic designers to optimize sales funnels, create ad campaigns, and design A/B tests
- Managing upwards of $500,000 monthly ad spend
- Analysing web metrics, providing campaign reports, and optimizing traffic for maximum profitability
- Hitting monthly traffic, spend, revenue and CPA targets
Next Challenge - >1 year on
Scale and lead the team required to take Front Of The Pack to hundreds of thousands of customers.
What will help to do your job well?
- Minimum 3-5 years experience running performance marketing campaigns
- In depth knowledge of scaling Facebook advertising campaigns to over $500k a month
- Experience running native advertising campaigns at scale (Taboola, Outbrain, Yahoo Gemini etc)
- Experience running Google Search, Display and Shopping ads
- Developing and executing FOTPs multi-channel performance marketing strategy
- Manage daily operations of paid social, display and native advertising campaigns
- Provide hands-on optimization of ad campaigns across all marketing channels towards the company’s performance targets
- Analyse campaign performance data and constantly optimize, feeding back to the team what is/is not working
- CRO knowledge
- Direct Response copywriting skills (ad and landing page copy)
- Direct Response creative skills (video and image ads)
- SEO knowledge
Working at Front Of The Pack
- Being part of a small team means you will have the chance to really help shape the future of Front Of The Pack, working closely with the founders and our team of world-class advisors.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, and embrace diversity in our culture. We strive to create a happy and healthy workplace for the team.
- We promote a culture of a flexible working - we are outcome/results driven & appreciate great people have family lives too.
- We also offer a budget for personal professional development as well as personal physical and emotional development.
- We have regular social events.
- Front Of The Pack is based in LA and London
- Front Of The Pack is venture funded by tier 1 VC's in London and California to the tune of multiples of millions of dollars. Consequently we have a healthy runway even before accounting for revenues from sales. (We are tight lipped on this as we are not big on PR and shouting about un earned success, we prefer to let our track record do the talking - of course we will discuss our position in interviews openly)
- This role is based in the UK at the London HQ,
- This role reports into our Head of Growth with a close link to the Co-Founders
- This role is pitched at a competitive base + lucrative commission structure & equity (you can expect to double your base salary in year 1)
- This role will come with equity
- This role does have a benefits package associated with it