Business Development Manager - Basic salary circa 25-28k dependent on experience + uncapped commission OTE 100k+
Yorkshire – car driver essential – there will be a requirement to visit Head Office infrequently in Barnsley
AirCentric in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, is a leading provider of high quality commercial air conditioning and ventilation systems throughout the UK. Due to expansion they are now looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and results oriented sales executive to join their existing team. This role will ideally suit an individual who is used to creating and developing their own leads and building strong relationships with customers including end users, specifiers and main contractors.
You must have a proven track record of generating new business with specifying consultants, construction sectors key players and M&E companies.
You will be responsible for prospecting and forming strong relationships with key decision makers and ensuring that the company has high quality market intelligence. You will be responsible for reviewing existing and potential market opportunities. The role will include preparing technical and commercial documents for bids, quotes and offers. Your remit will include exploiting service, maintenance and upgrade opportunities and assisting in developing and maintaining high quality marketing activities.
Key responsibilities but not limited to:-
·Understanding and exploiting the routes to market for the company’s design, installation and servicing portfolio
·Developing a portfolio of decision makers in each company specifying or purchasing products or services which the company has the capability of supplying
·Responding to customer enquiries professionally and promptly
·Ensuring that the company can meet customer deadlines for quotations, technical capability and delivery
·Developing information flows relating to developments in markets and trends which will assist the company in targeting new or different sectors
·Understanding new technological advances being made and discussing the feasibility of the company exploiting these opportunities
·Examining gaps in the company’s product and service portfolio and proposing the costs and benefits of filling these gaps
·Assisting in the establishment of benchmarks against competitors so that the company’s performance can be easily measured
·Reviewing the technological sophistication of the products and service posture and proposing changes to sharpen its competitive edge
·Assisting with the organisation of exhibitions, trade stands and presentations to customers and visitors
·Identifying niche market positions or opportunities in specialist markets which can be easily exploited by the company
·Proposing pricing strategies for market sectors together with the possibilities of differentiating applications in these markets
·Reviewing the company’s technical service given to customers and establishing if it is acceptable to the market and can be fully justified in terms of gross margins earned
·Reviewing customers who no longer buy from the company and propose strategies for regaining these prospects
·Examining how the company becomes included in key contract tenders and how relationships can be built with large engineering organisations in the chemical-processing sector amongst others
·Assisting in the preparation of literature and web site updates for specific marketing sectors you have identified
·New business development experience and a track record of achieving your targets. You must be able to regularly open new sales opportunities through networking, cold calling and strategic marketing campaigns
·Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
·Ability to build rapport with a wide variety of individuals
·Solid IT skills including Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel etc
·Superb presentation ability
·Excellent organisation and time management skills
Interested? Please send your cv and details of your current remuneration by return.
Squire Patton Boggs have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join their team.
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: 1-year fixed term contract
Hours: Monday - Friday, 35 hours per week (flexibility required)
Are you looking to develop your business development experience in a fast moving global business? Used to providing on-going business development support? We need a new Business Development Executive to join our global Business Development & Marketing team and become an integral part of our Leeds office.
You'll need to be self-motivated with excellent communication skills and preferably educated to degree level or equivalent. Experience in a similar role is desirable and an understanding of the legal environment would certainly be beneficial to the role.
Business Development Executive - Our Company:
Squire Patton Boggs is one of the world's strongest integrated law firms, committed to providing insight at the point where law, business and government meet. We deliver commercially focused business solutions by combining our legal, lobbying and political capabilities and invaluable connections on the ground to a diverse mix of clients, from long-established leading corporations to emerging businesses, start-up visionaries and sovereign nations.
More than 1,500 lawyers in 47 offices across 20 countries on five continents provide unrivalled access to expertise. In the UK, we have offices in Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and London.
Business Development Executive - Our Opportunity:
The role, which forms part of our global Business Development and Marketing team, will provide dedicated support on all aspects of BD and marketing to the regional and industry groups aligned with the assignments of the Leeds based Business Development Managers (BDMs).
The Business Development Executive will provide creative ideas and support across the full range of Business Development and Marketing activities such as proposals, events and webinars, presentations, sponsorships, market research, content development, social media, publications, campaign coordination and working alongside the BDM's in the development of strategic relationships with external partners.
This role is varied and will require you to perform other ad-hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned. You will also be travelling to other UK offices, dependent on operational needs. You will be supported in your role by the resources of our events, marketing, communications and bids teams as well as the wider international team.
Business Development Executive- You:
Due to the varied and busy nature of this role, you must have the drive to focus on a number of different projects and ensure that all deadlines are met so project management skills are essential. You will need to be a dynamic, creative and determined individual who can use their own initiative as well as working as part of a team.
From time to time, this role can be busy and therefore a professional attitude and the ability to work under pressure is critical. You will have experience working within a professional services organisation. A CIM qualification would be desirable and you would preferably have at least 18 months experience in a similar role.
To apply for this exciting Business Development Executive opportunity, please click 'Apply' now to be redirected to our website.
We are an inclusive employer and aim to ensure our workforce is representative of our diverse society. We will make reasonable adjustments and adaptions to our recruitment process to ensure it is inclusive for anyone who wishes to apply. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.
No agency CVs accepted at this time.
Senior Business Development Manager / Sales Manager role offering excellent uncapped earnings and career progression potential with a dynamic, multinational, successful and expanding electrical component and equipment supply chain solutions provider.
BASIC SALARY: £45,000- £55,000 possible flexibility upwards
· £60,000- £70,000 OTE - OPEN ENDED!!
· Company Car / Generous Car Allowance
· Contributory Pension
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses
· Full Home, Remote Communications Package including Laptop, Mobile Phone etc
· Full Corporate Benefits Package
LOCATION: Central and Northern England
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Yorkshire, Lancashire, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Leicestershire, West Midlands, Birmingham, Warwickshire, Coventry, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire Shropshire, Durham, Newcastle, Teesside, Worcestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Business Development / Sales Manager - Electrical / Electronic Components, Equipment and Consumable Supply Chain Solutions to Contractors and EPCs
· A new business focussed role involving selling added value service solutions and propositions to customers which give them extra operational efficiency, for example labour saving packaging, on-site Kanban solutions and tailoring the products supplied to their specific need or requirements.
· You will be targeting major electrical / main contractors and EPCs involved in large commercial, housebuilding, infrastructure, and civil engineering projects at a senior level with a potential annual spend of £100k+. The company has an extensive database to work from, but you will also be using your own market knowledge and research and generating your own leads.
· Ideally you will be looking to knock a competitor out of the potential customer by providing the whole supply chain solution for their electrical component, equipment and consumable needs.
· My client has a network of branch locations with whom you will work and liaise closely.
· It is envisaged that the wire and cable product lines will be strong areas of growth going forward.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Business Development / Sales Manager - Electrical / Electronic Components, Equipment and Consumable Supply Chain Solutions to Contractors and EPCs
· To be considered for this potentially very rewarding role financially and in terms of career progression, you will need experience of, and success in, a similar senior sales or business development role in industrial / electrical components preferably involving wire, cable and related products.
· Ideally you will be selling or have the potential to sell a supply chain solution to main contractors or major electrical contractors and EPCs. This ability to understand and sell supply chain services is key.
· You will have the drive and ambition to drive your career forward.
Established for nearly 100 years, my client is an $17bn annual turnover corporation operating worldwide with a £2.3bn turnover and 18,000 personnel in Europe with a large, structured sales and sales management function in the UK of 180-200 personnel. They provide a very wide range of electrical, electronic components and equipment; fasteners and general consumables to construction, industrial OEM and MRO markets on a "just in time"(JIT), KanBan inventory system basis. A household name in the United States, the company is a very well established in the UK, with a very well- earned reputation for the quality of their service. This role is part of a three- to- five years expansion plan and could give very good career prospects for the successful candidate.
Excellent in a large successful and expanding company and group. These are exciting times to be joining this company with definite succession plans for the right people joining them at this time.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Director, National Account Manager - Electrical/ Electronic Components, Equipment and Consumable Supply Chain Solutions to Contractors and EPCs
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: RP16209, Wallace Hind Selection
Excellent opportunity for a sales professional with solid sub contract sheet metal fabrication / manufacturing experience to join a British manufacturer with a heritage spanning over 50 years.
Business Development Manager – Remote-Based | Sheet Metal Fabricators (Light Gauge) / Sub Contract Manufacturing
Midlands / North UK Based
£30,000 – £40,000 Base DOE (OTE c£80,000) plus Company Car, Pension
Long established privately run sheet metal fabricators. Having had over 50 years within the subcontractor sector and successfully supplying into the Retail, Electrical and Lighting industries, we are now looking to expand our sales opportunities into other markets and looking for the right individual to help take us there and develop these sectors.
We operate from circa 120,000 sq ft state of the art facility near Manchester. One of the largest fabrication facilities in Northern England, with sheet metal processing, large powder coat plant with special finishes, spring manufacturing, engineering with heavy power presses amongst other plant all under one roof. We also have expanded our electrical and mechanical assembly unit, so can produce from concept to completely finished product.
Business Development Manager Role:
+ Generate New Business from their existing contacts, and establish new ones
+ Cost jobs and offer pricing to Customers , with detailed information given to production.
+ Liase with Customers to develop a seamless relationship and be able to fully understand the customer requirements and needs .
+ Work along side production to schedule delivery requirements and agree timescales .
+ Solid Sub Contract Sheet Metal Industry Experience
+ Proven Track Record in Sales
+ To be able to cost and estimate parts, giving detailed breakdowns for in house production
+ Applicant must be able to act on their own initiative, computer literate and have an excellent reporting ability
+ To be commercially aware of current costs and price implications
Ideal Candidate must be able to offer 100% commitment, attention to detail and have excellent communication skills . They will be responsible to reach agreed targets, within agreed timelines.
Interested? Apply here for a fast-track path to the Managing Director.
Your Experience / Background / Previous Roles May Include:
Fabrication Sales, Sheet Metal Fabrication Sales, Sub Contract Production, Manufacturing, Sub Contract Manufacturing
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first quoting the job title & ref. Good luck, Team RR.
Are you experienced in Business Development and Freight Forwarding and looking for a career move?
We have an exciting opportunity available for an innovative Business Development Manager(Freight Forwarding) to join us on a full-timepermanent basis working in a national role. In return, we can offera competitive salary and benefits package.
Advanced Supply Chain Group offer a complete end to end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment, and value-added services, allowing our customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today’s technology-enabled marketplace. Using our unique intelligent supply chain model, we design innovative solutions to complex challenges, unlock new opportunities, and speed up and streamline existing processes by removing complexity from the supply chain. It all adds up to providing a service that is “Better, Faster, Cheaper” than our competitors.
As our Business Development Manager (Freight Forwarding), you will be responsible for developing and delivering a commercial strategy with a particular focus on International Air freight. The strategy will include targeting new business and existing customers that exceeds sales and profitability targets whilst delivering the company goals, building the brand, and delivering year on year growth in turnover and EBITDA.
Responsibilities of our Business Development Manager (Freight Forwarding):
- Contributing to the development of new and enhanced existing customer propositions (together with short term incentives) to enhance sales and profitability
- Supporting the tender/proposal process by producing high quality, written material that clearly articulates the organisations value proposition
- Co-ordinating completion of the tender submission ensuring submission dates are met
- Ensuring support is provided and logged for any issues that may arise
- Developing and implementing leading, consistent prospecting disciplines and activities to ensure that the business has an on-going healthy prospect pipeline
- Developing and implementing sales support approaches that will enhance opportunities to win deals
- Working and managing and your team in a responsible way using a fair and consistent approach
- Developing strong relationships across the business
- Analysing tender opportunities and agreeing methods of increasing ASCG’s potential success pre-bid
- Together with Commercial finance, projects, and operations teams, completing solutions design proposals
- Developing and maintaining a library of tender documentation relevant to bids through liaison with other departments
- Conducting Market research and gaining market intelligence sufficient to support the development of new business opportunities
- Representing the Company, presenting proposals, and where appropriate, progressing leads through to new business generation
- Updating and managing the internal CRM to consistently maintain accurate data relating to the active pipeline and opportunities
- Ensuring consistent and continuous knowledge and understanding of both business solutions and system developments
Skills and experience required to become our Business Development Manager (Freight Forwarding)include:
- Preferred STEM Degree
- Knowledge of Air Freight industry & international stock movements
- Able to contribute to broader business issues
- Good understanding of market content
- Proficient Microsoft Office User
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Proven commercial experience awareness
- Excellent sales & negotiation skills
- Organised and able to work accurately
- Confident decision-maker
- Effective communicator – written and oral
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem-solving experience
- Excellent presentation skills
If you want to start a new journey as our Business Development Manager (Freight Forwarding), click apply now – we look forward to hearing from you!
£25k - £30k Per Year
5 days ago