£36.554k - £38.747k Per Year
4 days ago
At PDSA we are currently looking to recruit 2Web Developers to join our team based in Telford. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £36,554 - £38,747 per annum.
Pets and people at the heart of what we do.
Do you have a business mind and a social heart?
Would you love to do a job that gives you an overwhelming feeling of satisfaction knowing that every day when you walk through the door you’re contributing to a lifetime of wellbeing for every pet?
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to be a part of our amazing team?
If so, PDSA has a great opportunity for you. As the UK’s leading veterinary charity we exist to treat the sick and injured pets of people in need, and every member of our team is essential in fulfilling this mission.
As the UK’s leading veterinary charity, with 48 Pet Hospitals, we strive to improve pets’ lives – through prevention, education and treatment. Every year our dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets. Our national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
We are proud to be one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations. Our fantastic people have a genuine affinity with our cause which empowers them to make a positive difference to the world we live in every single day! Join the team and find out what it’s like to be in the Top 100!
About the Web Developer role:
Our Web Developers will be responsible for working with key business partners across the organisation in order to develop and maintain bespoke web-based applications and web sites that are effective in the delivery of PDSA IS organisation goals. You will be reporting to the Web Technologies and Systems Manager and have in depth knowledge and practical application of: HTML/CSS, C# .NET, MVC, MSSQL, JQuery, Git, API’s & responsive web design. You’ll be a detail-oriented person who has experience in the creation of web-based applications and sites coupled with a good understanding of business processes and problem solving. You’ll also be used to working in an environment of tight timescales and deadlines.
Responsibilities of our Web Developer:
- Develop web sites and web-based applications, in accordance with specifications provided by internal customers and analyst programmers
- Undertake the following stages of the I.S. system lifecycle: Design, Programming, Testing, Implementation and 3rd Line Support
- Maintain high levels of data security and integrity in line with PDSA policies
- Take ownership of problem resolution to ensure countermeasures are implemented in a timely and effective manner which focus on both the immediate and longer term
- Evaluate, implement and deploy systems and API’s from third party suppliers Contribute to the development of new strategies and technologies for use throughout PDSA
- Recommend solutions that improve levels of service, operational effectiveness, and fundraising potential of other departments
- Fully document all developments and modifications to systems working within a change management framework - To undertake other projects as may be defined periodically by line or departmental manager
- Compliance with all PDSA policies and procedures
What we are looking for in our Web Developer:
- You must have in depth knowledge and practical application of: HTML/CSS, C# .NET, MVC, MSSQL, JQuery, Git, APIs & Responsive web design
- A detail-oriented person with experience of developing web sites & web-based applications
- A good understanding of business processes and problem solving
- Experience of working in environments with tight timescales and deadlines Desirable
- Umbraco CMS, public facing website development (desirable)
Benefits of becoming our Web Developer:
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- 25 days holiday per year
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
If this sounds like something you want to be a part of then join us as our new Web Developer and click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
PDSA is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.