Warehouse Team Leader
DHL Supply Chain
Oakham:HMP Stocken, Leicestershire
‘Be and essential part of everyday life'
Shift Pattern: Mon – 0730 to 1700, Tues-Thurs – 0800 to 1700, Fri – 0800 to 1330. (We do work bank holidays)
(These hours can change if required to cover the distribution of canteen at another establishment. The latest finish would be around 2000 but the start time is later.)
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Customer: HMPPS Stocken
Location: DHL c/o HMP Stocken, Stocken Hall Road, Stretton, LE15 7RD
Do you have previous experience in a Warehouse environment?
Do you have a UK driving license?
At DHL we are extremely passionate about what we do, are you? We have an outstanding fleet at our disposal whereby we deliver everything from raw materials to consumables, spare parts and finished goods. We even deliver people through the patient transport network! We are without doubt the Global Leaders in Supply Chain Management and 3rd party logistics, and that makes us an essential part of everyday life! Sound good? Why not read on to find out how to join us?
What does this job involve?
- Shift pattern: Mon – 0730 to 1700, Tues-Thurs – 0800 to 1700, Fri – 0800 to 1330.
- The job is working in a warehouse inside HMP Stocken alongside prisoner workers.
- Each prisoner is allowed to order what we call a canteen every week, essentially home shopping – toiletries, squash, tins, biscuits etc. We use a prisoner workforce to process these orders and delivery them to other prisons around the country.
- The Team Leader role is to supervise the prisoner workforce, ensure targets are achieved, maintain security, and assist in stock management etc. and other warehouse duties.
- Salary: £19,500
We are always looking for exceptional Warehouse Team Leader to join our team!
Could that be you? People are our business. The Warehouse Team Leader are the capable, reliable hands and smiling faces of DHL. Night and Day, come rain or shine, they are The The committed to ensuring the safe, secure and on-time organisation of customer's goods. First time, every time.
We are looking for Operatives who:
- Have relevant or previous experience within a Warehouse environment
- Hold a UK driving License
- Work safely within the Health and safety environmental guidelines
- Have a can-do approach to their work and have the ability to work under pressure
- Are flexible in approach to work, and work effectively as part of a team, providing support in resolving problems and have a can do, right first time and passionate approach
- Has knowledge of IT systems (Word, Excel, SAP, Oracle)
- Have a good understanding of Warehousing and the environment you're working in
Why choose us?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Strong career stability, friendly inclusive teams and potential to grow with the business
- Desirable equipment available
- Fantastic training available with the opportunity to progress internally
- Relaxed culture with a strong team work approach
What can we offer you in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondment opportunities and MANY MORE.
What will you need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure all of our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure the workplace is free from discrimination and not only employees but also potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile within the organisation