The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, and any projects assigned. This position has emphasis on overseeing: safety, quality control, shipping / receiving of all orders, inventory control, equipment order reporting and other warehouse related logistics. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring compliance on all warehouse policies, maintaining daily workspace standards, and successful completion of all daily tasks. Maintains high throughput by adherence to warehouse standards and ensures orders are completed in a timely manner. This position will supervise the outbound/inbound functions, supports team member development and adequate staffing levels related to business needs. The Warehouse Supervisor will report to the Warehouse Manager or Snr Warehouse Manager
Key Job Responsibilities
Fleet Management (subject to local warehouse structure)
- Assist in monitoring daily routing to prioritise on-time delivery/pickup
- Perform frequent reviews on delivery/pickup services and monitor on-time performance
- Monitor regular vehicle maintenance, condition, and operation for assigned location
Warehouse & Asset Management
- Drive Results- Coordinate and lead warehouse team to ensure daily tasks are completed on time and in accordance to the dock loading/unloading schedule.
- See the Bigger Picture- Monitor inventory levels to maximise availability and utilisation for high demand products
- Ensures high-accuracy physical inventory results and quality control and repair standards
- Do the Right Thing- Maintain warehouse in a neat and organised state and help establish projects to keep staff occupied
- Ensure that all equipment shipped to a job is correctly identified, prepared, tested, and scanned on the Inventory Management System, and make sure that the system is updated and maintained regularly.
- At all times, the Warehouse Supervisor is expected to abide by all health and safety requirements to company and international standards and ensure that all team members and subcontractors working in the warehouse adhere to the same.
- Work closely with internal customers to evaluate service levels and ensure all expectations are met
- Deliver World Class Service- Ensure the highest standards of service while maintaining operation efficiency and a cohesive relationship with other departments
- Maintain a working knowledge of equipment
- Increase operational effectiveness by supervising direct reports and communicating Encore Core values, strategies, and objectives
- Monitor and improve the team’s efficiency and productivity using standards and KPI’s
- Work with direct reports to improve overall service while driving efficiencies through process improvement and best practices including, but not limited to, order processing, QC & repair, warehouse processes, and overall logistics.
- Establish clear expectations regarding responsibilities, behaviours, and daily activities.
- Value People- Provide training and development opportunities for team members and ensure a safe work environment consistent with company values.
- Provide continuous feedback to direct reports and conduct annual reviews.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and may change, or additional tasks within scope of work may be assigned at any time with or without notice, as necessitated by business demands.
- Associate degree or equivalent warehouse or distribution management experience, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in warehouse or supply chain management.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to meet or exceed multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Leadership skills
- Communicates Effectively
- Decision Quality
- Instils Trust
- See the big picture
- Drive Results
- Do the right thing
- Value People