Join our team at Amazon to keep the show going.
Role & Shifts
Temporary Role - Full time
Fixed shift patterns. 8 hours per day, 4 days a week between Sunday and Saturday. Shift availability may vary.
Night shift: 18:30 – 03:00
All the applicants who are successful in the selection process will be employed by our partner agency, PMP Recruitment to carry out a temporary work assignment for Amazon. PMP Recruitment offers temporary contracts
£11.00 per hour for night time shifts. ***Increasing to £11.71 until Saturday 1st January***
Overtime (40-50 hours) £15.00
Overtime (50-60 hours) £20.00
Amazon sort centre, BHX8
Unit A, Redditch Gateway, Coventry Highway, Redditch, B98 9FJ
Amazon subsidised bus picks up from the following places in line with shift times (£2.00 per trip)
Kings Norton, Rail Station
Northfield, Bunbury Road Opp Church Road
Longbridge, Rail Station
Redditch Bus Station
Redditch, Amazon BHX8
You don't need previous experience, you’ll get on the job training.
✅What you will be doing with your team:
• Unload, lift and relocate products
• Scan, sort and divert packages containing the full range of Amazon’s products.
After training, you may also:
• Move products using industrial trucks and machines, like forklifts and power pallets.
What you will get:
• Competitive pay, higher than many similar jobs.
• Shift patterns that work for you.
• A safe, modern, and organized workplace.
• Free hot drinks, affordable meals and multiple break areas.
• Strong health and safety measures in place for COVID-19: increased cleaning, screens, social distancing, free face masks, hand sanitizer and more.
Skills you need to bring:
• Your safety comes first. You must be able to follow safety, quality and production standards.
• You may stand and walk for a long time, this could be more than 8 hours per shift.
• You may need to lift and move products that weigh up to 23kg.
• You may need to be able to lift, bend, twist, kneel and crouch.
• You may need to be able to handle a full range of Amazon products, including alcohol and pork products.
What is next
We offer a fast application process.
1. Apply online in a few minutes, with no CV
2. Have a 15-minute virtual chat
3. Our partner agency will tell you about the next available shift
Employment and recruitment process are handled by our partner agency PMP Recruitment.
For more info, please check here
Do you need an adjustment to the recruitment process?
If you have a disability and consider that you may require an adjustment to the recruitment process, such as a BSL interpreter, please contact us at
email@example.com your full name, the best way to reach you and adjustment needed.
Need help to apply?
Amazon offers many part time & full time jobs.
Check out all of our jobs here:
Select 'I Accept' and 'Continue' to apply
About the Company
Welcome to the Backstage
We unload, sort, scan, pick, pack and ship. Bringing orders to life. Join the crew!
"What I love about this job is flexibility - you work the same 4-day shift every week and receive 3 days off, which means you are able to have a good work-life balance. It pays well and there are plenty of opportunities for overtime."
- Patricia Goncalves, Warehouse Operative
COVID-19: keeping our people safe
The safety of our people is our top priority. Since the start of the pandemic, we’ve focused on investing in COVID-19 safety measures and made more than 150 significant process changes, including the provision of PPE, social distancing and additional cleaning in our sites to ensure the health and safety of our employees. We have also switched to an online recruitment process. It’s important to us that people stay at home if they are not feeling well or if they or someone in their home has had a fever in the last 24 hours.
Earn a minimum of £10 per hour
- Day shift: £10 to £12 per hour (dependent on location)
- Night Shift: £11 to £13.06 per hour (dependent on location)
- Overtime: £15 per hour up to £22.20 per hour (dependent on location)
Since the beginning, Amazon has been driven by innovation. It’s part of our DNA. Everyday, we are doing things that have never been done before — providing a huge selection of products and continuing to fulfil orders quickly. We're able to do this by solving complex problems with ingenuity and simplicity. At Amazon, we're making history — and the good news is that we've only just begun.
"Amazon is always trying to offer the best pay rate and rewards to increase job satisfaction and motivation. The opportunities are many and if you show interest and commitment, the chance to receive training and support is part of the rewards."
- Cristina Pojarnicu, Warehouse Operative
It’s Always Day 1
At Amazon, it’s always “Day 1.” So, what does that mean and why does it matter? It means that our mindset remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day: we embrace innovation, strive to stay nimble, make decisions quickly, and always prioritise delighting our customers.
Our Leadership Principles
Our Leadership Principles are what help us keep a Day 1 mentality. They aren’t just for hanging on the wall in the office. Amazonians use them every day, whether they’re brainstorming ideas for new projects, selecting the best solution for a customer’s problem, or interviewing new candidates. You can explore all of our Leadership Principles at https://www.amazon.jobs/principles.
Diversity and Inclusion
We value individual expression, respect different points-of-view, and work together to create a culture where each of us is empowered to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives are what strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being the world's most customer-centric company.
Our Affinity Groups bring our people together across businesses and geographies. With executive and company sponsorship, these groups play a vital role in building internal networks for career development, advising Amazon business units, leading in service projects, taking part in policy discussions, and reaching out to communities where Amazonians live and work. Since 2016, enrollment in Amazon’s affinity groups has more than doubled in more than 90 chapters worldwide. Visit our amazon.com/diversity to learn more.
"Amazon facilitates me working flexibly around my young daughter which is a primary concern for any parent. Amazon is a great team to be a part of with a fantastic diversity of roles that suit anyone."
- Sean Jeffreys, Warehouse Operative
Our application and interview process changes depending on the role, but the main ways we get to know you are through your online application, phone interviews, and in-person interviews. You can find a comprehensive list of interview preparation tips on our Interview Preparation pages on Amazon.jobs.
Key information and tips:
- Our interview process is rooted in our Leadership Principles. These Principles define our culture and outline the behaviors and ways of thinking that are key to bring successful at Amazon.
- In our interviews we ask behaviour-based questions. We do this to discover how you think and behave in various employment-related situations. This approach allows us to understand how you solve problems, challenge the status quo, and keep projects moving forward.
- We recommend using the STAR method in response to your interview questions. This is a structured way of answering behavioral-based interview questions that involves discussing the specific situation, task, action, and result.
- We are a data-driven company. When responding to questions during an Amazon interview, we recommend highlighting how you used data to inform your decision-making, drive your strategy, and analyse the results of your efforts.
"Since working for Amazon on a temporary contract, I have been offered a permanent job with more training, so I feel my hard work has been noticed and rewarded!"
- Ashleigh Ridge, Warehouse Operative
Search and apply to open roles on amazon.jobs.