Location: Penarth Marina, Wales
Job Type: Full-time
OpenGenius: creators of such products as Ayoa, iMindMap and DropTask are looking for an exceptional visually-driven user experience designer to create elegant, customer-focused experiences as part of our UX team to produce user-friendly, intuitive products that are able to attract and retain customers.
You will need to be an analytical and creative designer who is able to understand user needs and solve complex problems, collaborating with designers, developers, product testers and product managers – working on cross-platform products throughout the conceptual, design and development process.
A strong portfolio illustrating successful UX design is a must.
- 2+ years of UX design experience or similar role. A strong portfolio of successful UX is required. Preference will be given to applicants with experience designing complex solutions across platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or similar design-related fields.
- Knowledge of best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, usability principles and techniques, as well as experience with mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- A strong understanding of user-centred design and user testing methods and accessibility concerns.
- Design concise, useful, and desirable interfaces and experiences that are consistent across multiple platforms.
- Create user-centred designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback and usability findings.
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, pixel-accurate mockups, click-through prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed UI specifications and design patterns.
- Quickly turning around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of options.
- Implementing and analysing user testing sessions and adapting to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Working with project managers and board members to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high design standards.
- Creating supporting design work for product websites, email and marketing campaigns.
- Interacting and communicating with customers at events, product demonstration as well as through support channels to gain first hand experience of how customers perceive and use the products you are designing.
- Free use of onsite 5-star gym and shower rooms.
- Free unlimited tea, hot chocolate and bean-to-cup coffee.
- Flexible working hours
- Happy Birthday – Take the day off, paid!
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Accumulate an extra 2-days holiday for every year you’re with us.
- Regular company socials and events.
Work in one of the coolest office spaces in the UK
OpenGenius owns and is headquartered in the highly desirable offices at Tec Marina, Penarth. With plenty of free parking and just a short walk away from Cogan train station, you’ll be joining a well-connected, highly creative and collaborative community, passionate in developing innovative and creative software solutions.
We reward attitude, ability and performance. For the right candidate, this is an invaluable opportunity for business and career growth. If you’re looking to work within a driven, hard-working and committed team who are inspired to change the way that millions of people think and work for the better, we would love to hear from you. Apply now with a CV and covering email explaining your experience and suitability for the role.
OpenGenius is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.