- Would you like to join a dynamic User Experience team that is constantly solving new and challenging problems?
- Are you passionate about the user experience?
- Are you interested in being a core member of the development team collecting and documenting user requirements, facilitating and leading user interface design, advocating for the user throughout the development process, and testing and evaluating user interfaces?
- Do you want to work with products that make the world a better place?
If you answered yes to these questions, we want to talk with you.
Our user experience team has over 70 passionate user experience professionals with experience in user research, usability testing, and design. The user experience team members are embedded with their product teams and contribute throughout the product development life cycle. They are regarded as strategic business partners by their product teams as they develop new products, features, and enhance legacy products.
You will lead user-centered design activities on deep learning and data science features for MATLAB. You will work with development teams to understand their projects' user-centered design requirements, and develop creative solutions for meeting those needs.
- Work with the development team to follow a user-centered design approach as you work collaboratively to brainstorm and design innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Make recommendations to team members about which usability methods to use to answer their questions about users and design directions based on projects' needs, goals and constraints.
- Work closely with team members to conduct user research, identify pain points, develop user profiles and create task lists.
- Contribute to requirements and design documents.
- Collaborate on paper and functional prototypes.
- Run usability tests, conduct interviews and site visits, organize surveys, and perform other usability assessments you think are appropriate.
- Help the teams interpret and understand user feedback, and provide input for design decisions based on that feedback.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- STEM degree (bachelor's or a master's in Engineering or Computer Science) is required
- 3+ years as a usability engineer, information architect, user experience designer, user researcher, or other equivalent title in software design and development
- At least one of the following:
- knowledge of MathWorks products (MATLAB/Simulink)
- knowledge of domains where MathWorks products are used
- expert interaction design skills
- Direct experience with a variety of usability methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong influencing or negotiation skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Outgoing, highly organized, persistent, flexible and able to focus on long term goals
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills]
- Experience applying quantitative research techniques
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here