DescriptionRole Title: UK TA Officer - Cash, Settlements and Reconciliations
Business: HSBC Securities Services, Edinburgh
New or Existing Role- Existing
Grade: GCB 6Role Purpose
The purpose of this role is to assume SME responsibility for the day to day deliverables of Cash & Settlement process for GDTA, Edinburgh. This will include ensuring deliverables sent to client are as per agreed quality standards. Additionally, jobholder will also be required to provide timely inputs to the Manager and Management for required MIs and KPIs and deputise for the Manager in their absence.Key Accountabilities
Impact on the Business:
• Key role for the delivery of a cohesive service to our clients and their investors.
• Responsible for Cash Settlement deliverables across multiple clients.
• Ensure day to day activities within the department and that all tasks are processed in accordance with agreed procedures and controls and in accordance with relevant fund parameters.
• Ensure team is achieving required internal and external deadlines.
• Train and develop staff.
• Suggest and implement improvements to the Transfer Agency processes and procedures in consultation with the Manager.
• Participate in ad-hoc projects from time to time as necessary.
• Ensure that the team are customer focused and that a high standard of service is provided.
• Review team’s processing at each step up to sign-off stage.
• Provide input into planning and controlling the Team’s workload and workflow.
• Ensure all relevant output confirmations are sent as per the agreed SLAs to relevant stakeholders (Internal and External).
• Jobholder should be aware of latest UK regulations with regards to Client Money to ensure the process and Clients are CASS compliant.Customers / Stakeholders
• Ensure that the team are customer focused and that high standards of service is provided.
• Regular interaction with external Clients
• Regular interaction with Internal CASS Assurance team and CF10A of Client to ensure relevant information is provided.Leadership & Teamwork
• Train and develop SME.
• Encourage Team to attend training sessions.
• Provide update to Manager on day to day operations.
• Provide feedback to Manager on performance of staff.Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Ensure procedures, client Operations guides and other internal supporting documentation is up to date.
• Ensure that business practices and processes are regularly reviewed for adherence to procedures and FIMs including Compliance policies and Internal Controls.
• Ensure new business or new processes are understood and implemented.
• Be aware of the business practices and processes associated with the role, and act in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
• Ensure all day end controls are complied with and any Exceptions are escalated to the Manager in a timely manner.
• Ensure daily reconciliation related to Client Money is submitted on time. Any escalations to be done in a timely manner given the regulatory impact of the subject.Major Challenges
• Maximizing client satisfaction whilst maintaining a stable and controlled service model in a questioning environment.
• Ensuring consistency in the process across Clients.Role Context
Environment of the Role
• A dynamic role providing the job holder with exposure to key Stakeholders.
• With the expansion of the product into the UK Market, the business is expected to go through a period of significant growth which will be followed by a period of stability.
• The GDTA team plays a very important role in HSS Edinburgh’s service differentiation and ultimate client satisfaction.
• Board Membership N/A
• Committee Membership N/AManagement Risk
The jobholder will ensure that risk controlled quality service to our customers and their shareholders is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
The jobholder will also continually assist the Management in reassessing the operational risks inherent in the business. Any actions to address risks if any should be co-operated by the jobholder in conjunction with the actions formulated by the Management.Observation of Internal Controls
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will help management implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Regional Compliance Officer and/or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which you are involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy and Global Standards.
This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures. Also, the jobholder will need to assist management by providing all relevant information to them about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity for management to reach out to relevant stakeholders.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• Previous experience in cash management, settlement activities and reconciliation is essential.
• Previous experience in Investor/Shareholder Services/Transfer Agency is essential.
• Demonstration of strong knowledge of TA Operational Transaction Activity for the UK industry is Essential
• Relevant experience in the financial services industry is Essential.
• Product knowledge of alternative and traditional Funds is an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and deadline is essential.
• Strong business sense and awareness of the key risk areas of the business.
• Practical experience of process reviews and re-engineering required.
• Strong inter-personal and strategic thinking and the ability and vision to drive teams forward and support from the front.
• Service oriented and customer focused.
• Ability to ensure deadlines, controls and procedures are adhered to.
• Ability to review issues, and organise and proactively contribute to the team
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is essential.
• Strong attention to detail is essential.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring new and junior members of the team is desirable
• Ongoing membership and continued professional development is a core requirement of the role including commitment to CPD and ongoing learning (this will likely require membership of an appropriate professional body and continuing development to maintain membership)
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of our organizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive to implement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented. Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a variety of perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.