KPMG's transfer pricing practice is a highly dynamic and successful area within our tax business. A constantly changing and increasingly significant field, the transfer pricing team helps clients establish, document and defend market based pricing terms in relation to transactions between parts of multinational businesses.
We are a national team of over 110 transfer pricing specialists including 5 Partners mostly based in London and key UK cities. There is a good mix of tax professionals, accountants and economists with backgrounds from industry, practice and HMRC. This variety of backgrounds will give you the opportunity to work with people who are experts in their field, and help you to build a diverse skillset.
As an Assistant Manager within the Transfer Pricing team, you will be responsible for:
• Developing and maintaining client relationships
• Interviewing clients to understand activities and value drivers for our clients’ businesses
• Determining key industry features across varied industries that influence the pricing of transactions
• Benchmarking market prices across industries and transaction types
• Documenting pricing policies
• Drafting transfer pricing reports
• Supporting clients with tax authority enquiries and Advance Pricing Agreements
• Involvement in global documentation projects where we prepare transfer pricing reports for clients across multiple jurisdictions
• Coordinating with KPMG’s international tax, indirect tax and other teams across the business on a range of topics
• Coaching and developing junior members of staff
• Assisting with the team’s business development and marketing initiatives.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and previous experience in all of the following areas:
• Either a CTA, CA, ACA qualification, a bachelor’s degree in law or accounting, Masters in Economics or equivalent qualification.
• You will have gained experience of preparing transfer pricing documentation, tax value chain analyses, benchmarking, supporting with tax authority enquiries/Advance Pricing Agreements, project management and managing junior team members
• Experience of working in a Transfer Pricing Team within a large international consulting firm.
• Sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others.
• High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
• High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
• Good commercial awareness and a desire to develop a technical specialism
• Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically
• Evidence of appreciation of and understanding of ethical/risk issues within a client service environment
• Strong people skills for engaging with our clients and team members
Excellent communication and project management skills