Train Driver - Willesden
Are you an experienced train driver seeking a new opportunity to work for an organisation that rewards their staff?
Then look no further!
We are currently seeking experienced train drivers to drive either electric or desiel locomotives based at Willesden where we run passenger and freight services. If you are happy to work predominantly night shifts, and are safety conscious, we are keen to hear from you!
The role of train manager is critical to ensure GBRf provide our customers with a best in class service at all times. Our Train Managers are empowered to take responsibility for the delivery of the key activities on the front line.
As a Train Manager, you will join our team and support GBRf in our commitment to deliver a safe, reliable and best in class freight/passenger service to our customers. In this role you will liaise with Assistant Train Managers, Signallers and Contractors to ensure customer requirements are met and trains arrive on time.
We are seeking a highly professional, motivated and safety conscious individual who lead by example and exhibit the core values of GB Railfreight.
- Train driving either freight or passenger service
- Providing excellent customer service to customers
- Ensuring right time delivery on all services
- Responsible for the safety of yourself and others
- Train Driving Experience, preferably within freight
- Candidates must have a clean safety record and must hold a valid UK driving licence
- Extensive route and traction knowledge within the location and surrounding area
- Proficient with IT packages such as Word, Outlook and ability to download applications on iPads
- Flexible attitude to working hours as this is a shift base role
- Safety conscious and calm attitude in an event of an emergency situation
- Excellent concentration and observational skills
- Clear and professional communication skills to relay important safety messages
- Customer focused with excellent problem solving skills
- Train managers must be willing to work flexible on a nominal 35 hour week and must reside within 60 minutes of their place of work.
For your efforts you will receive a competitive salary of £58,487 basic salary per annum based on a 34.5 hours contracted week. You will be supported by dedicated managers who often go above and beyond to lend a helping hand. Or a listening ear for that matter. It is this approach that has recently won GB Railfreight the ‘Great Place to Work’ award at the National Rail Awards.
And if that’s not enough reason to join us, you will also be able to enjoy the following:
- Healthcare package – Healthcare cover for a range of operations for you and a partner living at the same address as well as cover for a number of health care facilities for you and your dependents including consultations, scans, counselling, optical, dental, and therapy treatments.
- Cycle to work scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme for bicycle purchase twice a year.
- Denplan scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme for you and your partner.
- Online Benefits Portal – Offering hundreds or discounts at nationwide retailers.
- SmartTech - interest free purchase scheme in partnership with Currys PC World
- Training Platform – Providing you with an online learning facility and the opportunity to develop your career at your leisure.
If you’re sitting there thinking ‘where do I sign up?’, there’s only two more questions to answer:
- Do you live within 60 minutes travel time of Willesden?
- Do you have a full UK manual driving licence?
- Are you competent to drive trains on the mainline?
If the answer to both of the above questions is ‘yes’, please apply using the ‘apply’ link. If you have any questions about the role or want to discuss it further, please email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 07715811958.