Train Driver - Peterborough
The role of Train Manager at GB Railfreight (GBRf) is critical to our business to ensure we provide our customers with a best-in-class service at all times. Our Train Managers are empowered to take responsibility for the delivery of the key activities on the front line, this encapsulates the need to always be conscious of, and operate with, the highest regard to safety. We are seeking a highly professional, motivated and safety conscious individual who leads by example and exhibits the core values of GBRf.
As a Train Manager, you will join our Peterborough team and support GBRf in our commitment to deliver a safe, reliable and best in class service to our customers. In this role you will liaise with Rail Operaters, Signallers and Contractors to ensure customer requirements are met and trains arrive on time.
A flexible attitude to working hours is required due to this being a shift-based role working a nominal 35 hour week.
- Freight Train Driving Experience.
- Candidates must have a clean safety record and must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Extensive route and traction knowledge within the location and surrounding area would be desirable.
- Proficient with IT packages such as Word, Outlook and ability to download applications on iPads.
- Safety conscious and calm attitude in the event of an emergency situation.
- Excellent concentration and observational skills.
- Clear and professional communication skills to relay important safety messages.
- Customer-focused with excellent problem solving skills.
- Train managers must reside within 60 minutes of their place of work.