Train Driver - Didcot
Train Drivers within GB Railfreight are known as Train Manager, and are critical to our business to ensure we provide our customers with the best-in-class service at all times. Our Train Managers are empowered to take responsibility for the delivery of the key activities on the front line, this encapsulates the need to always be conscious of, and operate with, the highest regard to safety. We are seeking a highly professional, motivated and safety conscious individual who leads by example and exhibits the core values of GBRf.
As a Train Manager, you will join our Didcot team and support GBRf in our commitment to deliver a safe, reliable and best in class service to our customers. In this role you will liaise with Rail Operators, Signallers and Contractors to ensure customer requirements are met and trains arrive on time.
A flexible attitude to working hours is required due to this being a shift-based role working a nominal 35 hour week.
- Freight Train Driving Experience.
- Candidates must have a clean safety record and must hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Extensive route and traction knowledge within the location and surrounding area would be desirable.
- Proficient with IT packages such as Word, Outlook and ability to download applications on iPads.
- Safety conscious and calm attitude in the event of an emergency situation.
- Excellent concentration and observational skills.
- Clear and professional communication skills to relay important safety messages.
- Customer-focused with excellent problem solving skills.
- Train managers must reside within 60 minutes of their place of work.
For your efforts when you are passed competent to undertake the role, you will receive a competitive salary of £38,760 per annum based on a 40 hours contracted week. While training there is a training salary in place until fully competent in the role and what you get in return is a supportive work environment with managers who often go above and beyond to lend a helping hand. Or a listening ear for that matter. It is this approach that has recently won GB Railfreight the ‘Great Place to Work’ award at the National Rail Awards.
And if that’s not enough reason to join us, you will also be able to enjoy the following:
- Healthcare package – Healthcare cover for a range of operations for you and a partner living at the same address as well as cover for a number of health care facilities for you and your dependents including consultations, scans, counselling, optical, dental, and therapy treatments.
- Cycle to work scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme for bicycle purchase twice a year.
- Denplan scheme – Salary sacrifice scheme for you and your partner.
- SmartTech - interest free purchase scheme in partnership with Currys PC World
- Online Benefits Portal – Offering hundreds or discounts at nationwide retailers.
- Training Platform – Providing you with an online learning facility and the opportunity to develop your career at your leisure.
If you’re sitting there thinking ‘where do I sign up?’, there’s only two more questions to answer:
- Do you live within 60 minutes travel time of Didcot?
- Do you have a full UK manual driving licence?
If the answer to both of the above questions is ‘yes’, please apply using the ‘apply’ link. If you have any questions about the role or want to discuss it further, please email me directly on email@example.com or call me on 07715811958.