The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance on our clients' technology risks and controls. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age. We are building out our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls. We are focused on project and programme risk, operational and technology resilience, technology risk and control, impact of regulatory change on data and technology and third-party risk management. All underpinned by analytics. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, as well as projects with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence.
• Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• Work with Partners and Directors and the wider Third Party Risk Management team in delivering risk services to the Financial Services sector. • Delivery of Third-Party Risk Management consulting projects - including reviews of maturity, process, governance and operating model. Advice on automation and tooling, consulting advice on regulatory requirements and expectations on Third Party Risk Management. Deliver end to end supplier assurance projects and Third Party Risk Management transformation projects
• Act as a key contributor to the delivery of key client relationships, identify revenue-generating opportunities and get involved in business development activities.
• Build and develop relationships with key market contacts
• Develop industry and technical expertise and be positioned as a key contributor for Third Party Risk Management delivery for the Financial Services sector
• Identify, anticipate and recommend the need for and make changes to third party risk management methodologies and related services in response to changing risk profiles and regulatory expectations
• Work as part of the wider team and with other departments to further develop and mature KPMG's Third Party Risk Management offering
• Understand the Financial Services industry - key performance drivers, emerging technical and industry developments
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven experience of successfully delivering risk and controls assessments.
• Proven experience of supporting the implementation of Third Party Risk Management frameworks in Financial Services organisations
• Thorough understanding of Third Party Risk Management and experience of working within Third Party Risk Management frameworks for Financial Services organisations
• A strong foundation of knowledge and insight of regulatory requirements and the expectations on Third Party Risk Management and wider risks
• A good understanding of related regulations (specifically Operational Resilience requirements).
• Degree/masters qualification is preferred
Experience and Background
• Experience of working within and demonstrating consistently strong delivery of Third Party Risk Management programs in the Financial Services firms.
• Experience of the end to end procurement lifecycle.
• Experience of working within a regulatory environment and providing knowledge and insights on regulatory thinking on third party risk management
• Experience of reviewing Third Party Risk Management for banks and/or insurers and providing gap assessments and remediation plans
• Experience of managing senior stakeholders from across the business.
• Ability to identify and assess risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Strong understanding of Financial Services sector
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Demonstrates management skills both on engagements and in an office environment
• Ability to play an active role in the business development process
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people
• Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Can constructively challenging clients and internal stakeholders to drive best results
• An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
• Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients
• Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and manage well under pressure