TESLA ENGINEERING LTD
Storrington, West Sussex
Monday – Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm (40 hours per week)
Tesla Engineering Ltd is a highly successful company who is dedicated to the design, manufacture and support of resistive and superconducting electromagnets, gradient coils, composite materials, generator coils, motors and consultancy to the science, medicine and industrial markets. We are world leaders in the design and manufacture of gradient coils.
A day in the life of a Technician…
We are looking to expand our production team with ambitious and motivated people. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team in a fast paced and interesting environment.
- Working to high quality standards, some of your duties will include:
- Assembly & testing of final and sub-assemblies using a range of electrical & mechanical equipment
- Operation of equipment including winding and high vacuum leak checking
- Assembling vacuum impregnation moulds
- Learning new skills such as soldering, brazing and making superconducting wire joints
- Working efficiently whilst following Company Health & Safety policies
- General hand tool work
- Reporting to your supervisor and helping to achieve daily/weekly targets
To be in the running, you will need…
- To be manually dexterous in order to assemble very small parts and have excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience as an Assembly Operator / Production Operator within an engineering / small batch assembly environment is desirable
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good numeracy skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team as well as on your own
- Right first-time attitude
- The ability to follow work instructions
- To be adaptable to varying work requirements
- To be a positive and enthusiastic team player, and contribute to problem solving
What’s in it for you…
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established company with a great reputation for pushing the boundaries of technology.
As well as a competitive salary, overtime (when available) you will be entitled to 25 days’ holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays, a group personal pension plan and access to many more benefits such as reduced gym memberships and high street discounts.
How to apply
If you believe you have the necessary skills and enthusiasm that we are looking for please email your CV stating your pay expectations and you will be contacted within 72 hours of applying.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
About the Company
TESLA ENGINEERING LTD
Tesla Engineering Limited designs & manufactures resistive and superconducting electromagnets for particle accelerators, gradient coils for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners, coil systems for fusion reactors, and magnets for ion implanter machines.