Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
Reporting to the Senior Equipment Engineering Manager you will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering Group. As a Engineering Technician you willwork closely with the Engineering Team to support the design and development of new processes technologies and products, and support manufacturing to meet customer requirements.
What’s attractive about this opportunity?
This position will allow you to work on new innovative technologies and processes that enable the develop of miniaturised electronic modules. These are used in high reliability and harsh environments, including Data Centre, Medical Implant and Aerospace applications.
Expectations and responsibilities in this position:
- Setting up production equipment and processes within the manufacturing area, by correctly following process instructions in an efficient and productive manner
- Maintain and trouble-shoot on production processes, equipment and materials.
- Understand the process flow in your area of responsibility.
- Support the Manufacturing Area Leader in ensuring that production schedules, plans and customer deliveries are consistently achieved. This may involve operating machines when required.
- Support any continual improvement activities.
- Assist in identifying and delivering training of others in the use of processes, equipment and materials.
- Have a full understanding of company quality systems and contribute to their successful execution.
- To support the New Product Introduction process. This involves creating new equipment programs, writing procedures, validation work books and implementing new tooling.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude being prepared to work in any department within the business on a variety of shift patterns where skills and business needs dictate.
Qualifications and Experience
- The minimum qualification required is a BTEC and/or NVQ level 3 in Engineering. Ideally candidates will have attained higher level apprenticeship with a HNC level qualification.
- Several years working as a technician in a manufacturing environment.
- Have working knowledge of continuous improvement tools such as 8D, 5S, Six Sigma and FMEA.
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding equipment Process Control procedures and working practices.
- Be PC literate in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word with the ability to produce reports using these tools.
- Work as part of a cross functional team
- Have effective communications skills
- Able to prioritise and organise their own work to deliver to agreed deadlines