Warrington, United Kingdom, England
Without Jungheinrich, your shopping trolley would probably be empty. Every day, our trucks move millions of goods in logistics centres globally.
Jungheinrich is one of the top three leading companies in the material handling equipment and Intralogistics sectors worldwide – and we are very interested in speaking with you further about your career.
Jungheinrich has evolved from a producer of forklifts to a manufacturing logistics service provider achieving an annual turnover of over £2.5 billion. Today, we employ over 14500 employees, thereof in Europe alone over 800 sales consultants, as well as more than 4200 mobile service engineers, maintain a close-knit network providing quality consulting and comprehensive service.
In short, your role within Jungheinrich will play a crucial part in providing the customer with complete peace of mind in managing their intra-company logistics.
Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation. Gather and analyse technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Creation and maintenance of user and service documentation for industrial trucks, warehouse and material flow technology developed in the Jungheinrich group.
- Researching the necessary information for new products, systems and components.
- Coordination with the departments and persons involved in the product development process and taking over self-responsibility for your tasks
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
- Continuous development of our standards, processes and editorial guidelines
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by the Customer Service Director
- IT literate, strong Microsoft Office Suite and SAP skills.
- Demonstrate a good business knowledge (e.g. products and processes)
- Completed studies in the field of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or technical documentation / technical training with corresponding qualifications as well as a technical writer training
- Technical, preferably practical, experience in the field of vehicle engineering and mechatronics, ideally relevant professional experience as a technical writer
- Good subject-specific IT skills (experienced in the use of content management systems, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe FrameMaker)
- Technical product communication in 3D as well as application of rule-based writing (ASD-STE100)
- An additional language (German, Spanish or French) would be desirable
- Customer Orientation
- Attention to detail
- Planning & Organising
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
Jungheinrich is an attractive employer and cares about its employees. We offer a wide range of benefits, training courses and on-going career support.