Founded in 2011, the Livingstone Group is a private equity backed, global powerhouse helping clients to optimise their IT software solutions and cloud portfolios to minimise risk and maximise their spend.
The business employs around 150 great people and has offices in the UK, US and The Netherlands providing the intelligence global clients use to govern their digital transformation journeys, including many Fortune 500 organisations.
Our Software Development Department is at the heart of our growing organisation ensuring that we deliver a seamless, efficient and effective service to the global businesses we work with, managing all their IT and Software Assets.
We now have a great new opportunity for a Technical Lead
to join our growing team. Playing an active part in the success of Livingstone Group, the Technical Lead
will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will be a key individual in the Software Development Department working on new projects, whilst retiring legacy systems.
The Technical Lead will be there to develop and deliver the technology driving business processes and value. They will be expected to work closely with multiple business users and the COO, leading on key projects and utilising the team as appropriate. We are working with many commercial SAM Inventory systems and the Livingstone Group technology enhances and transforms client's data to allow them to make reliable and informed financial decisions about their enterprise software estate.The role can be based anywhere in the UK as we offer a Remote and Flexible Working Policy. However, if you prefer to be office based you should be commutable to our HO in Reading.Key Responsibilities
- Development process overhaul to achieve step gains in the development, speed, efficiency and product quality
- Improving communication between the business and development teams.
- Key member of the team delivering quality software development and integration projects
- Working closely with partners to deliver software products
- Work closely with infrastructure IT and product owner to ensure that specification are understood and developed in a cost effective and fast manner
- Seek new technologies, frameworks and methods from a software development perspective that will drive the development function forward and add value.
- Be a key member of the Agile scrum team and take responsibility for product backlog, items and tasks for the sprint.
- Recommended changes in process to improve the SDLC
We offer a great package including: Flexible and remote working Competitive salary Unlimited holiday Vitality healthcare Health and wellness initiatives Days off for charity & volunteering Leading industry training and developmentAdditional Information
We offer a Smart Working policy which means that you may have the opportunity to work remotely and office based several days per week.Essential Skills
- Evidence in a prior role of deriving requirements directly from a business team with no technical background, agreeing direction with them, and delivering a production solution to plan and on time.
- Strong knowledge of no-SQL database technologies
- Good knowledge of the development of SaaS and cloud based applications
- Good knowledge of integrating COTS technologies with in-house applications
- Familiar with source code management and application lifecycle management tools. Preferably Git, Octopus Deploy
- Familiar with information capture techniques, selection and application of information gathering methods, tools and techniques for requirements analysis purposes
- Record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual or a key functional area of an application as part of a team.
- Ideally asset management or data driven applications development from a commercial perspective.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to talk to users, explain technical concepts in a non-technical way and be able to understand the user's needs and convert this into software.
- Based anywhere in the UK, USA or The Netherlands
- Gained a University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline with extensive experience in software development.
The leading independent, global provider of Software and Cloud Portfolio Management and Optimization services.
If the Livingstone Way people first culture with our values We commit, We Collaborate, We Inspire and We Innovate resonates with you drop us a line to apply with your CV, current salary and notice period.
Technical Lead | Technical | Lead | Software Development | Develop | Deliver | Drive | Technology | Processes | Values | Multiple Business Users | New Projects | SAM inventory systems | Client's Data | Enterprise Software Estates | SQL | SaaS | Cloud Based | Microsoft Stack