Support Engineer – Azure – York (outskirts) – remote working
Candour have been engaged by a thriving MS Gold Partner currently smashing their yearly expansion targets despite the global turmoil to recruit a number of Microsoft focussed Support Engineers to work on their Azure offering.
Experience & certification with Azure is an absolute must alongside the usual MS stack and further training will be provided/paid for in this area as you progress your career with them.
Ideal technical skills:
Microsoft Azure & ideally relevant certification
• Microsoft Server
• Office 365
• Sharepoint Online
• Citrix VDI
• Experience of configuring software
• Software and Operating Systems: implementation, patching, configuration changes, fault finding.
• Anti-malware strategies (Sophos/Symantec/McAfee/Trend/Mimecast)
• Infrastructure Security
• Networking (DNS/DHCP/VPN/firewall configuration/routing/server builds/subnets)
• Large data volume storage solutions
And how you’ll be using them:
Provision of technical support to all internal end-users and external customers during agreed working hours on a rota basis with current Service Desk operations between 07:00 – 18:00 Monday-Friday, with some flexibility on shift hours as and when required.
• Provide Licensing and Cloud Provisioning support to internal staff and customer based on query requirements
• Participate in an out of hours on call rota.
• Providing excellent customer service via the telephone, ticketing system, email system and face to face.
• Accurately log all incidents and requests onto the Service Desk ITSM tool from both internal end-users and external customers.
• Develop, present and implement proposals to improve IT systems and infrastructure.
• Adhere to change management processes.
• Maintain high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution.
• Understand and adhere to the technical escalations’ procedure.
• Occasionally performing onsite low-level consultancy customer work as and when required.
• Understand, adhere to and promote IT security best practises.
• Completing administrative tasks, acknowledging events, checking security logs, logging and progressing change requests and internal change processes.
• Occasional patching outside of core business hours.
• Ongoing documentation of network, infrastructure and related processes.
A full job description & company information can be provided to anyone meeting the above minimum criteria, please apply in the first instance with your latest CV outlining your salary expectations & availability for an immediate response. All interviewing & onboarding is currently being conducted remotely so it only takes a skipped lunchtime one day to explore what is an amazing opportunity!