Supporting the team, you will take responsibility for managing third party logistics providers to maximise the availability of our products into the distribution centres and stores.
In conjunction with key stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality and cost efficient inbound supply chain both through operational and project management. You will be working as part of a growing and developing supply chain team, looking for continuous improvement within your role to simplify processes and maximise efficiencies.
We do things our way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our National Supply Chain team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
Supply Chain Buying Assistant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Management and control of the inbound supply chain working with Buying, Supplier, Logistics and Regional Distribution Centre’s to deliver to agreed timeframes and KPIs.
• Working collaboratively with suppliers to improve their supply chain efficiencies including planning of production and distribution into the Regional Distribution Centres.
• Management of supplier KPI adherence.
• Responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of sales forecast data being delivered to the supply base.
• Maintaining supplier availability throughout the year with particular focus on Christmas and other key events.
• Internal and external stakeholder engagement and management of all levels of business.
• Continuous improvement within role, simplifying processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
• Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
• Assist Buying by monitoring Supplier performance through inbound stock management and reporting.
• Confidence and ability to communicate both in written and verbal forms.
• Able to create professional relationships with stakeholders at all levels both within and outside of the business.
• Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
• Organisational skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities.
• Innate curiosity; always striving to improve and simplify processes and ensure consistency wherever possible.
• Detail oriented.
• Ability to multi-task, be pro-active and work on own initiative, working both in a team and independently.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; specifically Excel and Word.
• Ability to investigate and analyse a challenge and offer a solution.
• A desire for continued personal development.
• Flexible and resilient when workload demands it.
• GCSE’s/A Levels or Equivalent
• Demonstrate understanding of Supply Chain Management.
• Relationship building, organised, problem solving, computer literate, confident communicator, detail focused, excellent time management, change management.
• Proficient in Excel and Word.
• Professional work experience within Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
Working Hours - 08:00 - 16:30 (Mon to Fri)
Holidays - 25 Days plus Bank Holidays
Aldi Perks - Bike to work scheme, discounted gym membership, shopping and travel discounts & many more.