Swiss Precision Diagnostics (SPD) are currently recruiting for a Statistician to join our Statistics and Data Management team based in Bedford, UK. The objective of the role is to provide statistical support to product development, clinical affairs and marketing by providing guidance, analysis and reporting on experimental design, verification & validation, clinical trials, marketing claims and new concept research.
- Will critically review all protocols and provide an independent scientific view on proposed research work and comment on its statistical practicality.
- Will provide statistical input to assigned work packages and/or customers.
- Will provide advice and guidance on effective data collection and utilisation to aid decision making.
- Will perform statistical analyses within a framework of good statistical practice to meet the project requirements.
- Will adapt and develop statistical techniques to make sure the best use of experimental material.
- Will analyse and report data for various SPD projects, including R&D projects, clinical trials or other data sources, and present the results of these analyses for non-statisticians in both oral and written reports.
- Will maintain technical files capturing statistical approach and methodology deployed to assigned work packages.
- Will keep up-to-date with relevant developments in statistics and mainstream packages.
- Will deliver assigned statistical input as part of a project’s broader statistical requirements and strategy.
- Will develop statistical consultancy skills with a view to becoming an independent contributor to project requirements.
- Will mentor non-statisticians on tools and techniques to improve statistical rigour either in small groups or 1:1.
- A degree or equivalent in Statistics or a related discipline, an MSc in statistics is desirable.
- A minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience is desirable, could be through an industrial placement during degree course
- Previous experience in medical devices/diagnostics, medical/clinical research or engineering is desirable
- Must have previous experience of SAS
- Must have good verbal/oral and written presentation skills
What we can offer you
- Generous 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme including employer’s contribution
- Excellent Private Medical Insurance package with additional medical cash plan scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Company supported employee Health & Wellbeing programme
- Life assurance
- FREE parking including free electrical car charging points & disabled parking facilities
- Beautiful parkland setting with excellent transportation links to Cambridge, Milton Keynes and London (road & rail)
If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you, at any stage during the application process, just let us know how we can help.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Swiss Precision Diagnostics (SPD) was formed in 2007 as a joint venture between Procter & Gamble (P&G) and Alere (now Abbott) to create, using its parent companies’ complementary strengths, one of the world's foremost organisations in consumer diagnostics.
We are a leading supplier of home pregnancy and fertility/ovulation tests. Our brands include Clearblue. These are products designed to give women a better understanding of their own reproductive health and invaluable guidance in their family planning. Our research interests are in the broad application of innovative technologies for use by the consumer at home. We have a strong focus on women's reproductive health and our goals are in the continuing supply of useful diagnostic products which are accurate, simple and affordable. In the achievement of these goals, we believe that SPD consumer diagnostic products will make increasing contributions to personal healthcare and well-being.
SPD’s Head Office is based in Geneva, Switzerland, and our Innovation Centre is based in Bedford, UK. SPD employs around 180 people.