Job Reference: SLT-BLY052021M
Employer: Communicate SLT CIC
Locations: Blackpool and Liverpool
Salary: £24907 - £35392 FTE (NHS Band 5/6)
Hours: Full and/or Part Time
Start Date: ASAP
Are you interested in a career where you can make a positive difference to people’s lives?
Due to service expansion, we have exciting opportunities for dedicated and caring Speech and Language Therapists to join our SLT team in the Blackpool and Liverpool areas and potentially Yorkshire.
A little bit more about us…
Communicate SLT CIC are committed to providing high quality Speech, Language and Communication Services that enable people to connect, learn and develop.
Our vision is to support Communication for Life and enable people to connect, learn and thrive by working in partnership with Local Authorities, Health, Education and Third Sector Organisations.
About the job…
- You will be allocated a manageable caseload to support universal good practice and the delivery of targeted level interventions for children indirectly through parents, EY Practitioners and the workforce.
- You will set targets for interventions and monitor progress along with managing accurate records and provide timely written reports.
- You will provide intervention on an individual and/or group basis as required.
- You will identify training needs, promote good practice and maintain a successful inclusive communication environment.
- Deliver training programmes to others and contribute to the development of training.
- As an integral part of the SLT team, you will provide support with Clinical Supervision, Continuing Professional Development, implementing service improvements, evaluate and monitor services.
The successful candidate will…
- Receive regular clinical supervision from our Lead Therapists.
- Join a team of 20 including SLT’s, SLTA’s and a regional Business Support Team.
- Work in close collaboration with children, families and within Early Years Settings and Schools.
- Work in partnership to support a locality-wide project.
- Be provided with all the necessary IT equipment and support to work efficiently and remotely.
We are looking for Speech and Language Therapists who have…
- Experience of working as a Speech and Language Therapist and be looking to support others within the SLT Team.
- Experience in the field of working with children, families and within Early Years Settings and Schools.
- Licence to deliver Hanen, ICAN and/or Elklan Training
- The ability to provide support and supervision to SLT Assistants.
- The ability to work flexibly.
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion.
- Full Driver's licence.
In return we offer…
Here's what our employees say about us...Leadership
- Excellent Clinical Supervision, CPD and developmental opportunities.
- NHS Banded pay grades.
- Full induction training.
- Routine meetings within the SLT Team.
- Remote working facilities including laptop/mobile phone.
- Support from the regional Business Support Team.
- COVID-19 compliant working environment.
“Consistently approachable, supportive and are always doing the best for everybody and service users”; “A pleasure to work for”; “I feel that the management and the Communicate Team are very supportive, organised and forward thinking"The Team
: “I feel proud to be a part of this team”; “Regular contact with other SLTs for guidance/supervision (often weekly or off the cuff)”; “Robust procedures in place, and flexible work schedule"Development Opportunities
: “Good opportunity for training e.g. ELKLAN, Hanen, ICAN or PECs etc.”Workload
: “Manageable caseload with opportunity to provide high quality therapy”; “Feels good to deliver intervention and review regularly to see high impact”; “Supporting children from start to finish so they are making a difference”; “I like influencing service delivery"
Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Applicants will be expected to demonstrate, during recruitment and any subsequent employment with Communicate SLT CIC that their behaviour supports our vision, mission and values.
Equality and diversity are hugely important to Communicate SLT CIC, applications are welcome from talented people from all experiences and perspectives.
To apply and find out more about Communicate SLT CIC please visit our company website at https://communicate-slt.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/