Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
Delivering quality digital architecture and solutions for our customers is at the heart of everything we do. As a Architect you will be responsible for leading and defining the architecture for Digital Product and Propositions. From feasibility assessments, to solution scoping, conceptual design and delivery you will be the driving force of the architecture delivery and technical product roadmap. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders such as Product Owners and Solution Designers and ensure solution conformance to our architecture principles throughout the journey.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Accountable for producing holistic solutions to maintain and improve Digital while minimising impact on delivery and innovation
• Responsible for supporting Digital teams to deliver secure products for our customers
• Ensuring solutions conform to Architecture Principles
• Provide security related architectural guidance for post-incident reviews, supporting root-cause analysis and calling out lessons learned
• Provide clear, actionable insights and proposals to the leadership team
• Build on best practices within the business, the industry and beyond to develop and implement innovative approaches for Digital Product
• Direct Line Management responsibility for all the Digital Solutions Architects within the Sales Alliance
• Work with the Product Owners, Project / Programme, Development, Test and Customer Experience Managers to participate on solution architecture for Digital, including validating detailed requirements and process / experience mapping in order to facilitate effective development solutions
• Delivery of Digital Impact Assessments and support the articulation of security impacts to other Impact Assessments within the team
• Be responsible for the delivery of Digital architecture artefacts and input into non digital artefacts
• Work with the Product owners to lead the technical definition of the product roadmap area
• Work with other consumer-oriented parts of the Group to share learning around Digital practices and tools
• Maintain relationships with strategic external partners to influence their roadmaps and continue taking best advantage of their evolving capabilities
• Understand key regulatory requirements (Ofcom, PCI, EU GDPR, Digital Economy Act etc.) and their potential impacts on Digital solutions/Products
• Ensure value for money in Digital solutions, aligning expenditure to business value via recognised risk management methodologies
• Encourage input from all areas of the business, ensuring that security concerns and suggestions are heard and handled effectively
• Communicate responsibly, professionally and appropriately at all times, bearing in mind the sensitivity of security matters
• Lead by example, living the company values: Personal, Simple & Brilliant
• Be a key stakeholder for digital for any RFI’s/RFP’s
• Team Player: Our team is the key to our success We embrace and meld diverse backgrounds, roles and experience to provide unparalleled support to each other and our customers.
• Drive: Self-motivation and enthusiasm to develop quality solutions. The ideal candidate will grow with the team, welcoming new challenges and leadership opportunities.
• May manage external suppliers and partners
You'll have the following skills & experience
+ Demonstrable experience as an architect
+ Demonstrable experience in either an application development role, security role, infrastructure/engineering role
+ Ability to build strong relationships with Leadership teams
+ Understanding of key technologies, trends, techniques and best practice
+ Experience of Agile (or agile / waterfall hybrid) development practices and techniques
+ Experience of working to tight deadlines in a technical environment
+ Ability to manage changing business and technical requirements in highly dynamic project environments
+ Business process modelling
+ Experience of solution architecture for customer focused digital services such as web, mobile, eCommerce and eBusiness
+ Conflict management and negotiation skills
+ Relationship management of both internal and external customers
+ Mentoring and people development
+ Risk analysis and change management experience
+ Demonstrate analytical / systematic approach to problem solving
+ Ability to identify, plan, co-ordinate and conduct design activities within a multi-disciplined team in all development cycle stages
+ Awareness of different development methods such as agile, rapid application development and waterfall
+ Excellent communication skills that enable credible communication with the software engineering community
+ Ability to take accountability for personal design, scheduling own work on a day to day basis to ensure daily, weekly and monthly activity targets are met
+ Ability to deal with conflicting demands across numerous requests feeding into Consumer Digital for designs, whilst meeting business expectations that may have time to market drivers
+ Self Starter
• Experience of solution design on customer focused digital services such as web, mobile, eCommerce and eBusiness
• Broad understanding of IS applications and business areas e.g. Telecommunications, Billing, Data Warehousing, Marketing, Finance
• Experience of working in a team environment
• Experience in delivering designs under waterfall and iterative/agile models
• Problem solving and analytical thinking
• Ability to present to Presentation and communication skills
• Good planning and time-management skills
• Experience of working to tight deadlines
• Conflict management and negotiation skills
• Relationship management of both internal and external customers
Nice to have
• Experience in a specialist function, either one of more (SAP Hybris, AWS, Adobe AEM, Front end frameworks)
• Telecom Domain – Portal Systems / Customer Facing Systems
• User Experience and Security impact
• Formal advanced certification in required technical and domain skills
• Project planning and scheduling experience
• Experience in delivering designs under agile model
• Business process modelling
• Experience of working with teams based across multiple time zones
• Experience of digital environments and ways of working
Why BT Digital?
Community culture – we’re bringing people from a wide range of backgrounds together to create a culture where everyone can be their best. Our colleagues lead the way on wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, making sure everybody feels supported and valued. Be part of our community.
Flexible lifestyle – we understand you’ll have commitments outside work. Tailor your working hours to find a work-life balance that suits you.
Endless opportunities – our unrivalled professional development programmes are available to all our colleagues. Build a career you’re passionate about.
Top-of-the-range tech – we’ve invested in brilliant new buildings and the technology to go with it. You’ll have all the tools you need to connect, create and innovate.
Bright future – our agile approach means we’re more collaborative and dynamic than ever. We’ve reset what it means to work at BT. Join us as we build our digital future.
+ Competitive Salary
+ 10% annual salary bonus
+ 10% employer pension contribution
+ 25 days holidays plus bank holiday
+ Rewards scheme including health and dental discounts
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT (https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm)
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: _Architecture and solution design_
Title: _Specialist Solution Architect_
Location: _GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-West Midlands-Birmingham_
Requisition ID: _145067_