Group Software Developer
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Bellway is a FTSE 250 house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Head Office located in Newcastle upon Tyne is looking to recruit an experienced Software Developer to join a small but growing IT department.
The role of Software Developer will be responsible for the support and maintenance of business-critical applications and will play a pivotal role in the design and implementation of new solutions.
This role will provide an opportunity to gain experience in developing AWS cloud applications.
Reporting to the Group IT Director, principal accountabilities of the Software Developer role include:
- Project work implementing larger changes to existing applications as well as brand new solutions
- Maintenance and support of existing applications including websites, windows applications and serverless cloud applications
- SQL for reports and investigative queries
- Writing and amending SSRS reports
- SQL administration
- Deployment of software as well as maintaining deployment processes
- Identifying opportunities for improvement of current systems and processes.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as a Software Developer a proven ability in programming and learning new languages
- Strong SQL skills to allow for writing reports and querying data from numerous sources.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced commercial environment is desirable
Qualifications and Training
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent.
Skills and Aptitude
- Interested in learning new programming languages and platforms
- Motivated by improving systems and processes
- Creativity in problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter, who is able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Office based role with some flexibility required with regards to working hours and some remote working as and when required.
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received.