£37.638k - £44.78k Per Year
3 days ago
FDAC (Family Drug and Alcohol Court team), London
The Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust is a specialist all age, outpatient only mental health Trust with a focus on Training and Education alongside a full range of Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and Psychological Therapies. The Trust is committed to improving mental health and emotional wellbeing, believing that high quality mental health services should be available for all who need them. Our contribution is distinctive in the importance we attach to social experience at all stages of people’s lives, and our focus on psychological and developmental approaches to the promotion of health and the prevention and treatment of mental ill health.
The Trust makes its contribution through:
• Providing relevant and effective clinical services for children and families, young people and adults, ensuring that those who need our services can access them easily
• Providing training and education aimed at building an effective and sustainable NHS and Social Care workforce and at improving public understanding of mental health
• Undertaking research and consultancy aimed at improving knowledge and practice and supporting innovation
• Working actively with stakeholders to advance the quality of mental health care, and to advance awareness of the personal, social and economic benefits associated with psychological therapies
This is an opportunity for an experienced social worker to join the Family Drug and Alcohol Court team in London. The role is to social work expertise to the multidisciplinary assessment of families and parents referred to the service. Rapid initial and then ongoing assessment of parents, their willingness and capacity to engage in therapeutic work, alongside assessment of parenting capacity – the safety of the children being paramount. The post holder will contribute to the multidisciplinary formulation of an intervention plan and work with team members to mobilise and co-ordinate existing local authority, NHS and independent sector resources to meet the needs of the care plan and provide where appropriate evidence based nursing interventions in community based settings. The social worker role will take a lead on issues of safeguarding children and risk assessment of parenting capacity.
The post holder will assess and support clients through their treatment pathway in order to promote and improve the well-being of parents, children and young people. The post holder will be required to present reports in an authoritative manner in Court on a very regular basis, and other Multidisciplinary and Multi-agency settings work with autonomy but equally closely with FDAC colleagues.
Closing Date: 17 June 2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameVictoria WardenJob titleFDAC Team – Operational LeadEmail addressVWarden@Tavi-Port.nhs.ukTelephone number07851383021
By applying for this role, you accept in the event you are successful that your personal data may be transferred from the Trust to another NHS organisation where your employment transfers within the NHS. This is in accordance with the streamlining programme which is aimed at saving you time and improving efficiencies within the NHS when your employment transfers. Therefore we want you to complete your e-learning modules prior to joining our organisation.
We communicate to all job applicants via the email address which has been provided on the application form. Please ensure you check your email on regular basis and inform us if you would prefer an alternative option or any changes to your details after making your application.
* The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
* Only those candidates who clearly demonstrate how they meet the person specification on their application will be shortlisted for this job.
*Candidates suitable for shortlisting will be contacted within three weeks. If you have not heard from us within this time then you have not been successful on this occasion.
* Interview arrangements will be communicated via email so please check your email regularly following the closing date
* In submitting an application form, you authorise Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Inter Authority Transfer (IAT) process should you be appointed to the post