Shift Supervisor (Warehouse Lead) Birmingham
Who we are.
Paack is an avant-garde technology start-up in the logistics sector. It was founded in 2015, and since then, the company has experienced strong global growth and it currently operates in 70 cities across different countries such as Spain, UK, France, and Portugal. Our success is backed by renowned European investors. Our team of Paackers is multicultural, multilingual, and highly qualified. We enjoy the challenges of scaling a global technology and logistics business, facing them with ambition.
Paack is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
What you will do
Working as a Warehouse Lead, you will be responsible for effectively overseeing the warehouse and delivery operations. You will manage a small team of Warehouse Operatives and associated drivers to ensure all orders are processed in an efficient, timely and profitable way.
Main duties include:
- Route-planning for Drivers using Paack’s in-house system (full-training will be given).
- Data analysis of Key Performance Indicators.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Day-to-day management of warehouse operations.
- Ensure operational excellence working alongside your team (unloading of parcels, sorting, dispatch, stock rotation, returns).
- Monitor drivers’ performance and coordinate regular reviews with our associated fleets.
- Ensure smooth running of production by identifying and seeking continuous improvement opportunities.
- Plan future capacity requirements.
- Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Assist with ad-hoc admin duties within the department warehouse.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations within the warehouse.
- Flexible approach to work to meet business requirements.
What we look for
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Have a passion for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication and people management skills.
- Competency in Excel, Word and WMS systems.
What we offer
- 26 days annual leave + public holidays.
- Competitive salary.
- Company bonus scheme paid quarterly based on performance against objectives.
- Company pension scheme via NEST.
- Career progression opportunities within one of the fastest growing logistics companies globally.