Crediton Dairy is one of the UK’s leading dairy-based drinks suppliers producing a range of milk-based drinks, iced coffees, milks and creams for well-known brands, retail own brands and our own fast-growing Moo Milk label.
Following the great Devon tradition of outstanding dairy products, we are supplied by local, family-run farms and maintain independent ownership, financial strength and professional operations.
We’re currently looking for a Shift Engineer to join our team in Crediton, which is easily commutable from Exeter, Plymouth and all areas of Devon.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary staff bonus
- Company pension (8% employer contribution and 4% employee contribution)
- 25 days’ holiday
- Join a fair and honest employer that looks after their people
- Training and development opportunities
If you are a proactive maintenance professional with good prioritisation skills, this is a great opportunity to join a business offering excellent progression prospects for hard-working individuals.
From the dairy to the boardroom, we look for people who share our passion for continually improving our products and service levels. We respect the knowledge and capabilities that each employee offers, celebrate a job well done and give staff the support and challenge they need to build a rewarding career.
In this important role, you will have the chance to make a real impact on our Production Department, ensuring that we have the equipment and plant we need to manufacture our first-class products.
As an electrically biased Shift Engineer, you will perform a range of preventative maintenance, repair and servicing tasks on plant and equipment across our site. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, you will:
- Promptly carry out tasks to ensure the smooth running of the Production Department
- Attend breakdowns and undertake fault-finding
- Perform inspections and repair works
- Conduct regular engineering checks and report on site plant and equipment
- Contribute to a cross-departmental culture of safety, quality and teamwork
To join us as the Shift Engineer, you will need:
- Strong electrical skills to include a current and valid 18th Edition Certificate
- Previous electrical engineering experience (a degree or equivalent electrical engineering qualification would be desirable)
- Previous PLC experience in Allen Bradley and/or Siemens
- Previous maintenance experience
- The ability to work to time constraints and effectively prioritise your workload
- A proactive approach and the ability to work with a high level of accuracy
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to work in a cross-functional role
Other organisations may call this role Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing Maintenance Engineer, Production Maintenance Engineer, Senior Maintenance Technician, Preventative Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance & Repair Engineer, or Engineer.
This is a full-time role, working 12 hour shifts, including days, nights and weekends.
Webrecruit and Crediton Dairy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Shift Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.