Medefer believes that every NHS patient deserves the best possible healthcare.
Our vision is to completely reframe the way that healthcare is delivered. Our cutting-edge technology helps deliver a unique virtual hospital, where patients receive specialist care significantly faster than under traditional outpatient clinic model.
Medefer is a rapidly growing Healthcare / Tech start up currently going through a scale up stage. As such, there is ample opportunity for the right candidate to gain wider experience throughout the company and to help deliver ground-breaking applications of technology in healthcare delivery.
If Medefer’s technology is our skeleton, then Operations are the muscles that make us run. Our mission is simple: to reliably deliver the safest, fastest outpatient care in a way that is sustainable and scalable. Ops is responsible for making the Medefer world go round. We want every colleague to champion our patients and our values.
This is a great opportunity to define and establish yourself in a brand-new role within Medefer – created to manage and develop the delivery of five-star services to our clients and key stakeholders.
You will ensure that our clients’ experiences of the Medefer pathway is the best it can be, that service level agreements and individual key performance indicators are set and delivered and that we learn from feedback and continuously improve how we operate.
The successful candidate will thrive on responsibility, assert what needs to be done and by when, and provide leadership to colleagues in operations and the broader company, and to drive us all to provide the best service possible with the resources available.
Medefer is a dynamic, technology-focused company that exists because we strive for better ways of working. The successful candidate will need to be capable of leading colleagues through change. There will be new challenges at every turn and success will involve bringing everyone through the changes necessary to radically improve patient care across the service.
· Lead and take ownership of the operational relationships with one or more client Services
· Personally deliver a consistent, responsive and five-star stakeholder experiences
· Be just as comfortable doing the work as well as managing people doing the work
· Enthusiastically pick up new skills and tasks
· Proactively seek out answers and seek solutions
· Be self-motivated and driven to improve how things work
· Thrive in a fast-paced, varied, and changing environment
· Manage competing tasks, priorities, and deadlines effectively
· Work seamlessly with a wide variety of people from different cultures and all walks of life
· Be a champion of Medefer’s values in everything you do
· Ensure regular and effective reporting and communication with clients and stakeholder
· Ensuring existing processes are fit-for-purpose, and updating them when not
· Designing and implementing new or revised virtual hospital pathways
· Manage ongoing relationships with clients and stakeholders
· Being the first point of call for all issues relating to your Services
· Help set and own Service SLAs and KPIs, analysing data and reporting to managers and stakeholders
· Support implementation, business improvement, service development functions
· Supporting the Patient Care Team effectively manage queries relating to your services
· Allocating tasks along with the Patient Care manager to ensure sufficient coverage
· Providing prompt and specific feedback to others to enhance service levels
· Take ownership of ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service and meeting SLAs
· Undertake regular audits to assess quality and performance in line with individually set KPIs
· Troubleshoot and investigate issues, for example ensuring that colleagues are following processes
· Communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding the progress of patients and the status of different elements of the outpatient service
· Working with the team to resolve complaints, minimise risk, implement learning, and monitor the service to improve the efficacy and value of the service
· Creating, maintaining and delivering Service-specific training and documentation
Qualifications and Experience
· Service Manager or similar experience in an NHS Acute Hospital Trust highly desirable
· Expertise in dealing with healthcare managers and administrators
· Experience of building and/or managing a service-delivery team
· Impeccable written and spoken English
· Excellent interpersonal skills – assertive but fair
· Excellent Microsoft Office and general IT skills
· Ability to work with and present performance data and quality metrics
· A love of healthcare and genuine interest in technology
· Presenting to clients
· Ability to problem-solve varied and unstructured challenges
· Calm under pressure, working with humour and confidence
· Data analytics and business intelligence e.g. PowerBI
· Remote working
· Company pension with contribution matching
· Opportunity to grow and develop with the company
· Perkbox (employee discounts scheme)
· 28 days annual leave Great team that helps each other out