Senior Technical Writer I, Content (UK)
We’re looking for an experienced content developer to help us engage our customers and internal folks . We need someone who's excited about technology and passionate about empowering people to use it in the best possible way.
At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues, and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
We need an enthusiastic content developer in our Technical Documentation center-of-excellence. You will execute newly defined methods, standards, and practices to deliver accurate and compelling learning content. You’ll be working with the technical writers to curate and deliver digital learning content, tutorial videos, and other resources that our customers and Payroc staff alike will love.
You will thrive working in a team environment where you get the autonomy to produce work in the way you see fit, but with the support of your team-mates and others. You will enjoy working with learning participants to help them learn what they need to know. You’ll be passionate about enabling people achieve their best through good Learning & Development pathways.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and publish digital learning content in a SCORM-compliant learning management system.
- Create and maintain video content.
- Work with the writers to curate content for training courses and other learning.
- Help define learning paths and certifications that support career progression at Payroc.
- 6+ years content development or technical writing experience.
- Skilled in a broad range of standard content development and tech tools: learning management systems; SCORM; Confluence; image editing tools like Photoshop or SnagIt, video editing tools like Captivate.
- Skilled writer and editor: consistent voice, straightforward and lively style, always empathetic to the learner’s point of view.
- Strong video editing skills.
- Able to target learning for a range of audiences (developers, end-users, and internal), understanding their different needs and adapting content accordingly.
- Comfortable writing scripts and narrating content where necessary.
*** Please note: You must be authorized to work in the United Kingdom. We're unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.