Senior Structural Design Engineer, also interested in hearing from Design Managers
The Midlands, commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Nottingham, Coventry, Stoke on Trent, Wolverhampton, Oxford and Worcester.
Salary / Benefits:
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum, negotiable dependant on level and experience plus Car / Car Allowance & Package
A successful civil engineering design consultancy operating largely in the rail sector providing rail related civil engineering design expertise, delivering the expertise and quality of service clients expect from major consultancies whilst remaining responsive, innovative and cost effective.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- Experience as a Bridge / Structural Engineer with demonstrable experience of civil / structural projects in the rail sector.
- Experience in design of bridges, bridge strengthening, structural remedial works / repar and bride assessments.
- Well-rounded technical and managerial skills
- A relevant degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or expensive career experience in Civils/Structural Engineering.
- Chartered membership to a relevant professional body (ICE or IStructE) or be approaching chartership (the company will support through this)
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
- Undertaken the role of CRE within the rail sector on relevant projects.
- Leading a team of engineers in managing the delivery of major structure projects primarily bride projects in the rail sector
- Undertaking and Managing rail bridge and associated engineering schemes including, reporting, cost estimate to programme within budget.
- Preparing design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation in line with company/ client requirements.
- Plan, lead and undertake site visits
- Provide direction and technical advice to engineers, graduates and technicians.
- mentor other members of the team.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.