The Opportunity | Senior Project Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful Project Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of new product introduction projects from initial concept through to release to production and beyond. This includes interpreting customer requirements, defining specifications and developing robust electro-mechanical design solutions to meet these requirements on time and to budget.
Immediate interviews offered along with attractive salary and benefits package for successful applicants.
* Takes ownership and responsibility for delivering all associated aspects of the project to agreed timescales.
* The production and interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications in accordance with the appropriate national and international standards.
* Project Management - Delivering all aspects of the project to agreed timescales.
* Identification of project risk and implementation of mitigation or contingency activity as appropriate.
* Interfacing with customers, internal and external. As the product expert, you will be expected to provide technical support and guidance where required.
* Demonstrate suitability of proposed design solutions through the use of appropriate engineering tools and practices e.g. Tolerance analysis, stress analysis, DFMEA, PFMEA, reliability analysis, design for manufacture etc.
* Define and conduct product testing as appropriate. This will include mechanical (endurance, shock, vibration etc.) and environmental (temperature, humidity, chemical etc.).
* Creation and maintenance of the project design dossier.
* BEng or BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent would be ideal. Candidates with HND or HNC with experience of electro-mechanical design are invited to apply for the position.
* Highly experienced, minimum of 5 years' experience, working within an electro-mechanical design environment.
* Experience of a 3D modeling software package (parts, assemblies and drawings).
* A demonstrable understanding of engineering materials their properties and selection criteria.
* Full UK driving license.
* Experience of 2D drafting, preferably DRAFTsight
* Experience with Advanced Solid Modelling as in addition to Surface Modelling, preferably CREO or Solid Works.
* Finite Element Analysis - Stress, modal, non-linear and/or magnetics.
* Ability to use Six Sigma development tools and analyse product performance.
* Experienced in the use of zinc die castings and plastic mouldings in product design.
* Design experience of load bearing mechanical mechanisms with a sound understanding of wear and failure mechanisms.
* Familiarity with the requirements of the off-highway vehicle market eg PPAP etc..
* Familiarity with the requirements of EN13849-1 PLD Machinery Directive or SIL2.
* A sound understanding of DFM/DFA techniques.
* Experience in the use of root cause analysis tools eg. 8D.
* Whilst the role is primarily focused on electro-mechanical engineering, some knowledge of electronics or magnetics would be advantageous
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request. #LI-HP1
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled