Senior Primary Development Manager
Hatfield, England, United Kingdom, ENG
Here at Ocado, we have a new, exciting opportunity for a driven individual to help shape the future of our supply chain model! This is a permanent role based in Hatfield. (remote working)
As a sr. primary development manager, you will focus on the overall success of the entire network as it expands geography and the services it can offer. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering a set budget and be tasked to grow the network in line with Ocado’s future growth plans. The role requires close partnership with 3PLs, trading, finance, legal and Supply Chain functions (Ocado and Morrisons)
In this role you'll also lead and grow the Primary team by strengthening the Primary Network to create real value for Ocado’s suppliers, internal stakeholders and its customers.
- Provide Primary support to internal logistic projects, to ensure Primary is well represented and working together across Logistics to ensure
that optimum solutions are achieved and projects are delivered in full
- To provide Primary support to Ocado Retail buying and supply chain projects, ensuring Primary is well represented and that cost effective
solutions are taken to maximise efficiencies and minimise upstream cost, across logistics services.
- To develop and manage effective working relationships with 3PL suppliers by influencing and communicating effectively to ensure SLAs are achieved or enhanced, within agreed budgets, ensuring all relevant information is communicated effectively to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide strategy and support for Primary Business Development, across all categories, delivering Solutions, Design for all existing and new primary customers.
- Lead Primary operational Strategic Planning, taking in business and network changes, collaboration across 3pls and retailers, to deliver cost effective solutions and service.
- Manage and drive long term strategic goals that will produce cost savings and efficiencies across the operation
- Initiate and develop relationships with senior fulfilment centre managers to facilitate a feedback route for all supply chain/supplier issues.
- Proactively engage operational departments and Ocado Retail Ltd to understand and balance their needs with inventory efficiency
Team building, leadership and motivation including performance development reviews (personal and personnel) objective setting and
- Monitoring and reporting activity progress and making adjustments based on strategic goals including delivery of agreed budgeted saving
- Ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for the entire functional area
- Manage mass storage seasonal projects enhancing outbound customer fulfilment
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A strong track record in an FMCG or commercial supply chain and a proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Good business acumen of National transport providers.
- Extensive knowledge of industry developments in 3 rd Party Logistics.
- Good understanding of Road Transport Regulations, holds National / International CPC.
- Has led a team in a cost cutting environment.
- Proven track record in delivering on multiple projects within required timelines and within budget
- Financially astute and commercially aware with significant experience of successfully delivering large scale budget
- Previous management experience in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Formal Supply Chain qualification(s)
- Experience in the e-commerce sector
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
At Ocado, in everything we do, we strive to offer the very best to our customers - the best service, the best quality and the very best customer experience. That begins with each and every one of us and how we behave.
Our values are Ocado’s DNA; they act as a guide for everything we say and do. ‘The Ocado Way’ develops our values into the details about the way we do things - how we act and work together with each other and our customers. It describes how you need to behave at work to make a real and positive impact on our success.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.