Senior Policy Manager, Multilateral organisations
As Senior Policy Manager, the ideal candidate will be an advocacy specialist with strong links with international organisations as well as a subject matter expert and thought leader on tech policy with internationally recognised professional qualifications.
The role will include devising and executing new initiatives at a global or regional level and provide expertise and advice on behalf of clients The Senior Policy Manager will be expected to represent clients at external fora and in front of senior officials in Government and at within International Organizations.
The Department - Multilateral Organisations
The Multilateral Organisations group engages in intergovernmental and industry fora on a global level, representing client interests and effecting change in regulation. Within this group, our policy team works to advise tech companies on strategies to advance their policy agenda within multilateral organizations within in the UN family and beyond.
What you can expect to be doing
- Advise Global Tech companies on how to prioritize and execute engagement at the multilateral level.
- Work alongside our engineering team to drive international consensus on spectrum policy matters at the ITU.
- Track and analyze international policy developments impacting the tech sector, identifying risks and opportunities for Access’s clients.
- Facilitate relationship-building on clients’ behalf with senior officials within UNESCO, OHCHR, UN Secretariat, OECD, ITU etc.
- Write talking points and speeches for clients’ high-level engagement in the multilateral space.
- Identify and develop new business development opportunities.
Skills and experience - Essential
- Degree in Public Policy, International Relations, Social Science or related discipline.
- Proven track record of driving successful advocacy campaigns within multilateral organizations, positively influencing outcomes.
- At least five years of experience working on international ICT policy matters.
- In depth knowledge of the role and functioning of multilateral organizations, particularly the ITU, UN, World Bank, UNCTAD, OECD.
- Extensive network of contacts within UN specialized agencies and at the member state level.
- In depth understanding of policy and regulatory issues affecting emerging technologies, in areas including Artificial Intelligence, Online Content, Trust and Safety, OTTs, Public Safety, Creative Industries.
- Familiarity with spectrum and telecom policy matters.
- Extensive experience in developing talking points and ghost-writing.
- Concise presentational style
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
Skills and experience - Desirable
- Fluency in a second language.
- Previous professional experience in a multilateral organization or tech company.
Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create an environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have six offices around the world and are growing.
Access Partnerships is seeking an intellectually curious candidate with proven international strategy and advocacy experience, excellent communication and analytical skills, and an ability to distil complex technical information into sound and persuasive public policy messages. The selected candidate will have a strong interest in multilateral organizations and technology policy, and will be responsible for managing relationships with some of the largest ICT companies in the world.
What We Offer
Our diverse international client base of technology giants and start-ups will provide the opportunity to work on multiple international projects on behalf of some of the industry’s leading companies. Our firm boasts a collaborative working environment, social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development for all colleagues.
- Competitive salary
- 31 day holiday allowance (incl. bank holidays)
- Group Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions)
- Personal Learning and Development allowance
- Health CashPlan and Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme