Job title: Senior Packing Supervisor
Benefits: 30 days holidays (including bank holidays) with extra accrual after 2 years service, salary sacrifice pension scheme, long service awards, health cash back plan, cycle and motor vehicle purchase schemes, wellbeing month, language courses, free onsite parking, social events, charity events, holiday buy back scheme
Working Hours: 08:30 - 17:00 (5 days out of 7)
We are looking for a Senior Packing Supervisor to manage our Packing/Despatch department (50+ employees).
We are looking for someone with experience in the food/FMCG industry, specifically in packing and warehousing along with experience of managing a large team.
You will work across both the morning and afternoon shift and have overall responsibility for the department, pulling together the various areas to achieve the wider production goals. You will work closely with the Packing Supervisors and Production Manager to overcome any issues.
You will also interact with other departments (Production, Warehouse) to ensure product is manufactured and despatched in a safe, efficient and high quality manner.
- Responsible for Health and Safety within the department, including the use of material handling equipment
- Responsible for ensuring that all daily production is correctly packed and labelled in accordance with customer requirements
- Accurate daily reporting of production volumes, traceability of product
- Responsible for Quality standards, HACCP, & maintain integrity of packing processes
- Ability to challenge factory standards in an appropriate way
- Delivering high standards of quality, ensuring product produced is to customer specification in line with site standards
- Responsible for the packing team. Ensuring that the Supervisors and Team Leaders are planning the workload for their team and assigning staff to the correct areas to achieve maximum output
- Ensure product changeovers are carried out in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure effective shift handovers between the Supervisors
- Develop continuous improvement methods for process optimisation and control
- Monitor manufacturing areas to maintain continuous production and accurate completion of production runs
- Responsible for developing skills within team
- Ensure that agreement between Packing and Despatch is reached daily on what has been produced
- Responsible for ensuring that the housekeeping of the area is brought to a high level through the management and coaching of the Supervisors
- To ensure that the Supervisors are completing the required paperwork and checks to ensure that no product leaves the site that does not meet customer or internal requirements
For nearly 60 years we have been supplying high-quality, chilled food produced in Europe to the major retailers and food service businesses in the UK. Since day one, our unique category insight has enabled us to identify market trends, positioning us as category leaders in a wide range of products.
- 30 Days Holidays (including bank holidays)
- Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Health Cash Back Plan
- Cycle and Motor Vehicle Purchase Schemes
- Well being Month
- Language Courses
- Free Onsite Parking
- Social Events
- Charity Events
If you wish to apply for the position of Senior Packing Supervisor please click 'Apply'.