When joining us as a Sr. Software Engineer (.NET), you'll be aligned with one of our agile product and development teams, working together with not only other engineers but also with Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Architects, System Testers, DevOps and Customer Support.
- Understand and contribute to your team’s product roadmap, coming up with sound technical designs and solutions to challenging problems our users face today or upcoming market trends
- Collaborate in defining and enforcing best practices and processes for engineers in your team and across our company, and lead in moving our products forward and eliminating technical debt
- Follow our agile Scrum process, working in sprints together with the rest of the team to ensure timely delivery of work that both satisfies all our user stories criteria and is of sound technical quality
- Build with our tech stack and tooling which includes, but is not limited to: .NET, Web API, Entity Framework, NServiceBus, MediatR, Autofac, ReactJS, Typescript, Redux, MS SQL Server, Azure, AWS, GitHub, CI and TDD practices
- Use the resources we provide to continuously better yourself, as well as mentor other engineers within the team and help them grow
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders as part of the full product development lifecycle, gaining deep knowledge of our platform, and particular areas of our clients' business to help you contribute as part of an agile team
Our people are the most important part of our business, and none more so than our engineers. We are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic problem solvers. People who love a challenge, constantly evaluate and question, and above all, love to ship a product that solves real problems. While these characteristics outweigh any specific technical skills, a successful candidate should be able to demonstrate some of the below:
- Excellent knowledge of .NET and its ecosystem (C#, Web API, EntityFramework, LINQ, etc.), particularly .NET Core 3
- Excellent knowledge of OO / SOLID concepts
- Committed to high quality and easy to maintain code, with experience in unit testing / TDD practices with NUnit, MSTest, etc.
- Experienced with designing, implementing, and shipping ASP.NET web applications
- Passionate about delivering elegant technical solutions that not only meet Client and Product expectations, but are also underpinned by code that is clear, concise, and maintainable – beautiful
- Strive working and collaborating in a multi-disciplines team, where you can work with, learn from, and teach not just Engineers but also Product Managers, System Testers, UX, etc.
- Happy to engage in discussion with your fellow engineers to reach the best possible solutions for our technical challenges
- You are proactive, inquisitive, always looking for a challenge and want to constantly grow as a professional and to grow others around you
- Having experience with SQL is a plus, in particular Microsoft SQL Server
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field plus 2 years' experience in Software Development; or Bachelor's degree plus 5 years' experience
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, such as Fox, NBC Universal and Viacom in the USA, and Sky, Channel 4, RTE and Mediaset in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content.
Our team of energetic, creative thinkers is searching for its newest members. Great people who enjoy good work, impressive challenges, and the chance to embody FreeWheel’s tenets:
- Be Kind - You come first. Take care of yourself, your families, and your teammates.
- Assume Positive Intent - We are all in this together.
- Get Sh*t Done.