Senior Medical Editor
Healthcare Consultancy Group
Chameleon is looking for a Senior Medical Editor to join our Manchester office to help us meet the challenge of our current success and realise the potential of our rapidly growing business. We exist at the cutting edge of science and medicine and are keen to meet potential candidates to introduce Chameleon and discuss this role further.
Chameleonâ€™s continued strong growth, combined with a commitment to training and development within a supportive environment, offers unrivalled career development opportunities.
Senior Medical Editors (SMEs) report to the Editorial Director and are involved in the development of high-quality medical communications materials. SMEs provide input on budgets, process and templates/styles from the earliest point in project inception, as well as being responsible for setting and maintaining standards of language, style and layout, working with other teams (Scientific/Creative/Digital) and Editorial colleagues to produce accurate, consistent materials to deadline and specification. We work on a diverse range of materials, including complex training programmes (educational slide sets and printed training manuals), meeting materials, scientific publications, websites and digital tools. In addition to project delivery, SMEs are responsible for organizing the weekly Editorial resourcing for their assigned accounts and are expected to provide support and mentoring for junior members of the team and deliver training for the wider company, as appropriate.
There is no expectation of significant travel with this role.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent English language skills and ability to adapt editing style to different materials, target audiences and therapy areas
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint)
- Capable of leading the Editorial support for specific accounts, organizing and planning resource on a weekly basis
- Adept at communicating clearly and working effectively, collaborating with colleagues and teams both in the same office and in other offices
- Experience of creation/modification of templates, figure redrawing and fine formatting
- Experience of referencing software (e.g. EndNote) and an understanding of databases
Qualifications and experience
- Degree-educated in science, English, or related subject
- Medical communications agency experience strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience of medical editing and day-to-day involvement with detailed QC checks
- Microsoft Office applications â€“ primarily PowerPoint, Word
- Adobe Acrobat â€“ electronic mark-up
- Referencing software experience useful
- BSI standard proofing marks useful
Character and personal qualities
- Team player
- Enthusiastic and committed to delivering quality and exceeding expectations
- Highly organized and methodical, with a keen eye for detail
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Versatile; able to apply skills across a range of therapy areas and materials
- Shows initiative and is comfortable working independently
Chameleon partners with many of the major top 20 pharmaceutical clients to create the scientific foundation and clinical communications that support the successful development and launch of their brands. We work across a range of media including journals, congresses, and digital formats. Our work spans the globe across Europe, Asia Pacific, North and South America. We offer an intellectually stimulating environment; where teamwork and our entrepreneurial approach keep us at the cutting edge of medical communications. We have a strong focus on scientific quality with established processes and systems that ensure robust, accurate and scientifically rigorous outputs keeping us one step ahead of other agencies.
With over 200 people working in New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, London and Manchester, Chameleon is a member of the Healthcare Consultancy Group (HCG), a global company in the Omnicom Group of independently managed healthcare communications companies dedicated to delivering accurate, strategic, and compelling scientific communications to the full range of stakeholders, including physicians, allied healthcare professionals, payers, patients, and caregivers.
The companies within the Healthcare Consultancy Group are Equal Opportunity Employers. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any category or class of person protected by law.