Role Title: Senior LiquidityProduct Developer
Business: Global Asset Management
New or Existing Role- Replacement
- The growth of our Liquidity products is a keybusiness objective of HSBC Global Asset Management.
- A senior product developer is required tostructure and develop new funds, build out new features to support thedistribution of the products and manage the implementation of regulatoryreform. Main focus will be liquidity product set but there will beopportunities to work on other growth initiatives for the business
Impact on the Business:
- Product structuring and design: convertconcepts into products. Define anddesign new platforms, funds and fund features.Identify key design issues and develop options/solutions.
- Project manage the structuring and designprocess working and driving key internal and external teams.
- Regulatory reform, take a guiding role in determining how best to implement change
- Analyse and prepare feasibility studies and business cases for new products for submission to the Global Product Committee and Fund Board.
- Working with the competitor intelligence team; perform market analysis, competitor and product research relating to new products.
- Drafting of product related content for funddocuments.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Liquidity CIO
- Liquidity Sales teams
- Investment Teams
- Risk and Compliance
- External Counsel
- Management Company / Board
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work closely with the Head of Product and the Product Development team
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Compliance with Global Standards and control guidance
- Develop effective and robust products thatadhere to the ever changing commercial and regulatory environment.
- Manage multiple initiatives (at different levels of granularity) which haveoverlapping timelines, ensure timely delivery in a compliant and riskcontrolled manner.
- Adapt tochanging business priorities.
- Building strong relationships and trust withcolleagues and stakeholders.
- Enhance the reputation of the Product Development team; strive for the team to become a centre of excellence.
- Irish UCITS
- Listed and registered in mainEuropean markets
- The role of Product Development is the development of our products across the world, main focus will be on cross border products based in Luxembourg and Ireland in order to meet:
- AMG exacting standards and the HSBC brand; and
- Clientand market needs and expectations.
- Ensurethat new products, product features and associated documentation meet our FIMstandards.
- Awareness of the Operational Risk scenarioassociated with the role and act in a manner that takes account of operationalrisk considerations.
Observation of InternalControls
- MaintainHSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internaland external audit points together with any issues raised by externalregulators.
- Understand,follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and externalrules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business inwhich the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and anyCompliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Understand the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles, HSBCGlobal Asset Management’s TCF philosophy and how this affects your role. Act in a manner that takes account of theseprinciples to ensure fair outcomes for customers.
Knowledge &Experience / Qualifications
- SubstantialETF product development experience focusing on product structuring and design.
- Self-starter, who takes ownership, works withminimal supervision and can deliver the right solutions.
- Excellentverbal and written communication skills, an ability to communicate with impact.
- Abilityto plan, prioritise and manage multiple complex initiatives (at differentlevels of granularity).
- Independentthinker who has an enquiring mind-set.
- Driveand energy.
- Attentionto detail.
We are a diverse workforce and it is part of ourorganizational culture, it reflects our belief that diversity of thought,background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization. We strive toimplement a culture that is inclusive, diverse, positive and performance-oriented.Having a diverse workforce allows us to benefit from a variety of perspectivesand strengthens our local and global competitiveness. We value diversityin our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply from a varietyof perspectives and strengthens our local and global competitiveness. Wevalue diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates toapply.
As a business operatingin markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for ourcustomers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to beingan inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualifiedapplicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, genderidentity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to beable to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexibleworking arrangements and family friendly policies.