Senior Legal Counsel, Real Estate & Construction EMEA
We are more than lawyers protecting Equinix’s interests. We are valued business partners, known as responsive, consistent and proactive. We take customer service seriously and strive for excellence in our execution. Equinix’s dynamic growth trajectory keeps us on our toes and constantly learning. Our strong relationships with our internal clients, fuelled by our solution-driven orientation and creative yet practical advice, bring us to the table early and often and lead to interesting and rewarding work directly in support of Equinix’s overall business objectives.
We work as part of a global legal department, but we are One Legal - a true team working together across borders in support of our shared strategic objectives. We work hard but take time to celebrate our accomplishments – both professional and personal, having fun along the way. We look forward to coming to work every day to support Equinix and each other and highly value the “team first” culture we have built. Equinix UK has made the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For List in both 2020 and 2019.
We are now looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to be based in our London Devonshire Square office. The role will be primarily responsible for supporting the Real Estate and Construction function in one of our key markets as well as our emerging EMEA markets in connection with the acquisition and development of data centres.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Preparation, review and negotiation of acquisition and construction contracts and other real property transactions for the Equinix EMEA business including purchases, sales, leases, licences, management agreements, development agreements and joint ventures;
- Advice and support on legal issues arising in relation to landlord relationships across the EMEA real estate portfolio;
- Advice and support in the real estate and construction aspects of M&A activity in EMEA, including managing title, lease, construction and environmental diligence and preparation of any real estate assignments and other related transaction documentation;
- Reviewing and interpreting contracts, provide legal advice and assist to resolve or handle disputes arising with respect to existing EMEA real estate and construction portfolio;
- Understand the supply side of the Equinix business in order to propose well-reasoned legal and business solutions to complicated problems;
- Build and maintain business relationships, and manage competing workflows, appropriately prioritizing with stakeholders in Real Estate and Corporate Development and delivering results within agreed timelines;
- Liaison with external legal counsel in various EMEA jurisdictions engaged to provide legal support for the various activities referred to above, where local law input is required; and
- Provide other forms of general legal support to the Equinix EMEA organization as necessary, including review and negotiation of vendor contracts, corporate legal work and other legal projects as the need arises .
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive PQE as an experienced real estate and/or construction lawyer. Experience gained at a reputable law firm highly desirable
- Some in-house experience including by way of secondment is desirable
- Demonstrates detailed knowledge of structuring, negotiating and executing real estate transactions
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong eye for business, problem solving abilities and good judgment
- Dedication to high standards for work product and deliverables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively to manage competing priorities
What We Offer
The opportunity to leave your mark in a company that is growing quickly while keeping a ground-breaking spirit. And of course, a competitive salary and great secondary benefits like a defined contribution pension plan, a collective health care plan, annual bonus scheme and annual paid leave.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to know more?
Feel free to contact us when you have any questions regarding the vacancy.