We are actively seeking a talented Senior Java Software Engineer to join our Cloud Native team, who are responsible for building out the next generation of our amazing CanopyCloud product.
You will work in an Agile Scrum team consisting of Front-end Developers, Back-end Developers, Testers, DevOps Engineers and Product Owners, where you will be utilising the latest architectural design patterns to produce clean code.
We work with cutting edge tech like GCP, Kubernetes, Docker and Microservices so are looking for the successful Java Software Engineer to have experience in these technologies.
We are looking for team players who are able to design and code solutions at an enterprise level, who are familiar with the latest design patterns and can communicate effectively across the entire team.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with your team to design, implement and deliver sustainable solutions following best practice methodologies
- Work closely with product owners and other teams to analyse, design and ship new features that strengthen our position as digital leaders in marketing
- Design and build back-end microservices written in Java to run on Google Cloud Platform
- Write code using a test-first/TDD/BDD approach maintaining a high level of automated test coverage
- Collaborate with DevOps in building a comprehensive set of CI/CD pipelines that allow the team to deliver features on a continual basis
- Apply coding best practices and help to evolve coding standards within the team and wider department
Java | Cloud | Microservices | Docker | GCP | Software | Implementation | Development | Coding | Back-end | Testing | Analytical | Software Engineer | REST APIs | Cloud PaaS | Data Storage | Database Integration | Agile | BitBucket | Unix | RemoteEssential Skills
To be considered for this exciting, challenging and rewarding role, we are looking for the suitable Senior Java Software Engineer to demonstrate skills in the following areas:
- Exceptional Java development skills using modern Java, Java frameworks and associated build and dependency management solutions
- Strong on object-oriented design principles, best practices, patterns, and clean code development
- Experience building scalable enterprise level container-based java solutions with REST APIs
- Experience building server-side applications
- Cloud native development experience using a cloud PaaS (ideally Google Cloud Platform, however other cloud knowledge such as AWS would be considered)
- Experience with relational database integration in Java
- Experience with some or all of the following: cloud-based server-less technologies, message queues, caching technology, object storage solutions, data storage solutions (e.g. relational, NoSQL, graph), API gateways and container orchestration platforms such as Google Kubernetes Engine
- Highly proficient at writing TDD code with a high level of test automation preferably following a BDD approach
- Experience working in cross functional and self-organising Agile teams
- Experience with CI/CD, build tools (e.g. Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity) and Git based source control such as BitBucket
- Experience with Unix style shells and commands
This is a truly amazing opportunity and would suit an experienced Java Developer who is looking to take the next step in their career, joining a team that are literally masterminds in all things Java Development related!Work's a treat
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect a whole load of perks:
- 25 days' holiday + bank holidays- we understand the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
- So many savings - through our online community platform, you can access dozens of daily deals, from money off top brands to discounts on days out.
- Employee Assistance Programme- our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you're happy, we're happy.
- Raising money for charity - we're all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
- Referral scheme - know the perfect person to join the team? You could bag £1,000 for a putting a good word in.
We are Team ITG.
We make collaboration happen. We simplify the complicated. We automate the tedious. We create the beautiful.
Over the last decade we've grown a lot - new people, new technology and lots of brilliant new clients. We're a tech-led marketing business on a mission. A mission to liberate marketers. How? With a blend of our cutting-edge tech-stack, our dedicated team of over 1,000 marketers, fanatical customer service and a passion to help everyone be their creative best...