Senior Infrastructure Engineer
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please ensure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Bellway is a FTSE 250 house builder, headquartered in Newcastle upon Tyne, which operates 22 trading divisions across England, Scotland and Wales. The company has grown from a family firm, established more than 70 years ago, into a respected national brand, selling over ten thousand homes a year.
At Bellway we recognise that people are the key to our success and our goal is to provide a rewarding and fulfilling career in line with our values of quality, service and trust. In addition to this we are committed to being a more inclusive employer and invite applications from a variety of backgrounds.
There is an exciting opportunity to join Bellway, one of the UK’s largest house builders. Our Head Office located in Newcastle upon Tyne is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join a small but growing IT department.
The primary role of the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be to support the Group Head of Infrastructure with the successful delivery of the IT roadmap and strategy, as well monitoring the performance of our 3rd party MSP against committed service level agreements.
The role of Group Senior Infrastructure Engineer is a project-based role, architecting new solutions based on business requirements, identified risks and growth and will take the lead in the co-ordination and delivery of new technical solutions and infrastructure improvements including procedure and process.
A fundamental aspect of the role is the ability to offer exceptional customer service whilst delivering infrastructure projects. It is critical the successful candidate manages their own time and workload to deliver multiple projects at the same time and ensure projects are completed to deadlines.
This role will provide the freedom to explore and provide the best solutions for our users and in turn develop your technical skills by working with some challenging and interesting products and technologies.
In addition to this the Senior Infrastructure Engineer will support the Group IT Director with IT risk, incident and change management, stakeholder reporting and day to day management of the team.
Reporting to the Group Head of Infrastructure, principal accountabilities of the Senior Infrastructure role include:
- Provision of quality technical support to the senior management and the executive team
- Provision of new IT technical solutions in line with our IT roadmap and strategy
- Executing live changes to data and software in a controlled and authorised manner via approved change management procedures
- Suggesting technical and process improvements to colleagues and managers and implementing them as directed
- Mentoring and development of the Infrastructure team
- Assisting the Head of Infrastructure with the development of internal SLA’s, system availability/uptime reporting
- Assist in the testing and delivery of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery procedures as an when required
- Ensure all risks are documented and reported to the Head of Infrastructure and/or Group IT Director and assist in the review of all IT related risks, prioritisation and remediation.
- In the absence of the Head of Infrastructure provide leadership and day to day management to the Infrastructure team
- Working with and establishing relationships with third party service providers to ensure full end-to-end service provision whilst carrying out the required IT due diligence
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working in an Infrastructure Engineer role
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrable documentation skills (reports, policies, procedures, workflows) as required
- Fault finding and troubleshooting skills essential
- Logical and thorough approach to incidents and requests
- Significant Microsoft Windows 2012 through to 2019 server administration skills and experience
- Significant Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy administration experience
- Significant Microsoft Office 365 product stack knowledge and administration experience
- Microsoft SQL 2012 through to 2017 maintenance and administration experience
- Microsoft DHCP (Failover scopes) and DNS administration skills and experience
- Microsoft IIS administration skills and experience (HTTP/HTTPS binding and SSL Certs)
- Understanding of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Understanding of networking and have experience of diagnosing network related issues
- Understanding of VLANS, routing protocols, switch administration with the Extreme Switch platform
- Extreme Switch and Access Control (NAC) skills and experience
- Demonstrable ability of understanding best practice around security and dealing with security incidents, leading a technical team to resolve such incidents and reporting to key stakeholders
Qualifications and Training
- Current Microsoft Certifications
Skills and Aptitude
- Motivated by improving systems and processes
- Creativity in problem solving
- Excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter, who is able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with colleagues.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a high level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Office based role with some flexibility required with regards to working hours and some remote working as and when required.
- Occasional travel across the UK where required
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual bonus
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
We reserve the right to close this vacancy if a large volume of applications are received.