Senior Front End Developer
This role is remote for the foreseeable future with onsite client work where required and occasional travel to the head office in London for workshops/meetings.
Zaizi is looking for a Senior Front End Developer with solid technology skills, who are also passionate about improving outcomes and the user experience. You will be confident in your own skills with a proven track record of delivering high quality software in demanding environments. You will be passionate about new technologies and keen to share it across the organisation.
- Develop software to meet user needs
- Follow best-practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines
- Write clean, secure and well-tested code
- Coach and mentor junior colleagues
- Engage with other members in an Agile team to improve software and outcomes
Ways of working:
- Demonstrable experience working in Agile teams
- Demonstrable experience working on product development environments based on observation, experimentation and user research
- Demonstrable experience working in multi-disciplinary/DevOps teams which include product owner/manager, UX designers, UX researchers, Developers, Platform engineers, etc
- Demonstrable experience working on continuous integration environments
Coding and testing:
- Strong REACT experience
- Testing experience-(Unit testing/End to End testing - e.g Jest/NightwatchJS etc)
- Experience with AA Standard accessibility
- Experience with restful API’s
- Experience developing for all major currently used browsers e.g Chrome, Edge etc.
- Strong performance optimisation awareness
Nice to have skills:
- Working with UK Government or public sector
- Building component libraries
- Appreciation of security principals
- Demonstration of scalability and reusability
- An appreciation for UX
Zaizi works with UK Central Government departments on a range of projects. To be able to work on our customer projects, employees must be Security Cleared to a standard acceptable to our Government customers. Due to this restriction we can currently only recruit candidates who have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship and who have lived in the UK for the last 5+ years continuously.
25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
BUPA medical insurance
Group Life Assurance
Work on exciting projects - make a difference
Empowered to make decisions
Encouraged to fail fast and learn quickly