Senior Design Engineer, also interested in hearing from other Design Engineers of all levels
North Yorkshire, commutable from Leeds, York, Doncaster, Hull and Darlington
Salary / Benefits:
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum, negotiable dependant on level and experience plus Car / Car Allowance & Package
A Tier 1 contractor that is seeking Senior Civil Engineers for their expanding In-house Design Team to further support the business in undertaking both Permanent and Temporary Works Design across several long term Frameworks that they have secured with a number of major Clients.
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Design of Civil Engineering structures
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in assessment and design, ideally of rail bridges and station structures
- Confident at designing in steel, concrete, composites, masonry and timber
- Working knowledge of relevant Structural Assessment and Design software packages
- Understanding of SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) requirements
- MEng / MSc Degree level of education, or equivalent.
- Incorporated / Chartered Member of a relevant Professional Body. (for top end of Salary)
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
Challenge the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
Work as CRE on Network Rail schemes.
Design and Checking of engineering solutions.
Production of clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches
Design representative at meetings with the project team and/or external Clients and Stakeholders.
Ensure work is delivered within the team's financial, quality and programme targets.
Promote safe working practices in all areas.
Assist change and develop more efficient processes and design tools to assist the efficient delivery of engineering services.
Mentor and coach team members.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.