The role is that of a senior systems DBA with responsibility for adoption, development and supporting SQL Databases to enable deployment of applications within Experian's UK&I Production systems. The role will report directly to the Senior Database Manager and involves; working with & supporting 3 rd party operational support teams while working within Agile delivery teams. The role will be predominantly limited to normal office working hours. However, there is a potential for out of hours support due to major incident escalation. The primary focus of the role will be to support and work with the Senior Database Manager to design, implement and set-up governance frameworks for database standardisation and automation for all UKI SQL databases. In addition, the Senior Database Manager will provide technical guidance and management of the operational support team, which provide administration (implementation, design, development, optimisation & maintenance) of SQL Databases within Experian's UK&I region.
Database Deployment Design:
Database Operations (Key points but not limited:
- Develop standard SQL database deployment patterns including where appropriate:
- Automated Capacity Management
- Integrated Monitoring and Alerting
- Infrastructure configuration
- Virtual and physical deployments
- Disaster Recovery
- High availability
- Ensure all SQL databases meet developed standards
- Working with Experian's Global Security Office, ensure all SQL databases meet or exceed Experian's data security standards defined within Experian's Security Policies
- Work with Experian's Global Database Team and contribute to and implement Global Database standards
- Develop automated database deployment processes
- Develop maintenance and deployment scripts to perform above system DBA tasks
- Design Influence: inform and contribute to the major design decisions made during the application development process
- New Function / Product Evaluation: Support the implementation of software upgrades and transition between Database releases, in conjunction with Systems Administrators and other DBAs.
- Capacity Planning: Provide the EITS Capacity and Storage Management teams with enough information to enable them to perform database capacity.
- Architecture: Working with the EITS Architect team, ensure each strategic Database is aligned to the technology roadmap and the Experian standards. Working with the Solutions Architect team, ensure the benefits of each strategic database are known to enable the correct database choice during product development.
- Develop and Service Improvement Plans
- Evangelical about creating and maintaining database inventories and database Lifecycle Management
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the operational support team to implement developed database designs best practices and principals
- Creation, maintenance and troubleshooting of Clusters
- Installation of Database product
- Database backup and restoration
- Ensure database product patches up to date
- Database upgrades
- Database Encryption and encryption key rotation/management
- Database Performance Tuning
- Support Problem Management in identifying solutions to close Problem Tasks
- Highly collaborative and a phenomenal teammate, manager and leader.
- Pride yourself on the delivery of quality outcomes at pace?
- Active contributor with great communication skills.
- Continually develop yourself and possess a growth mindset?
- Educated to degree standard
- Experience of database management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Identify and implement technological and process improvements
- Excellent problem solving
- Team player
- Experience of dealing with business stakeholders, testers and external clients
- Experience of producing technical documentation including technical specs, knowledge of Scrum would be a distinct advantage
- Advanced level SQL Server 2008 to 2019
- Advanced level System Database Experience
- Knowledge of Agile delivery
Additional Knowledge of Mongo / MySQL / ORACLE + ORACLE Exadata
Why choose us?
Our colleagues' health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that's why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self. Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it's your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Who are Experian?
We unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to university, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done. Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with Experian.
To learn more about our culture and what it's really like to work here, check out our LinkedIn and social media channels using the hashtags #ExperianLife and #ExperianWay.